Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Favorite Trilogy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  15:52:40  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadows of the Avatar...
Go to Top of Page

MrsDrasek
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2012 :  16:52:41  Show Profile  Visit MrsDrasek's Homepage Send MrsDrasek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Due to the age of this scroll, back then I would have wondered why the Finder's Stone trilogy missed the list.
As of to date: my pick would be "The Twilight War" trilogy hands down.

Part Well...Regret Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2012 :  17:36:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrsDrasek

Due to the age of this scroll, back then I would have wondered why the Finder's Stone trilogy missed the list.
As of to date: my pick would be "The Twilight War" trilogy hands down.

I believe the original poster was listing the trilogies he'd read.

I personally voted for that trilogy, though, back on the first page. The Finder's Stone books remain among my faves, and I still recommend them to people.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ivan the Chef
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2012 :  20:39:12  Show Profile Send Ivan the Chef a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Without a doubt my favorites are the Erevis Cale trilogies. The Twilight War Trilogy is something that I come back to every 6 months or so. I just can't wait for the release of Godborn after so many years. To tide me over, it's going to be some more of Paul's writing. His new book hits really soon!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2012 :  08:07:22  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

I am surprised that the Shadow of the Avatar received so many votes. That series definitely did not agree with me.

Neither to me. I wonder if there would come a time when Elminster is spared from being portrayed as a doddering fool.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2012 :  00:18:19  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its not an official trilogy per se, but the first 3 novels of the Brotherhood of the Griffon have an excellent narrative that strikes a good balance between warfare and political intrigue. Aoth is one of my favorite characters to come from the Realms, and Tchazzar has grown to be one of my favorite antagonists.

I especially enjoyed the draconic lore in this unofficial trilogy as well as the look at dragonborn culture.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2012 :  08:54:22  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entromancer

Its not an official trilogy per se, but the first 3 novels of the Brotherhood of the Griffon have an excellent narrative that strikes a good balance between warfare and political intrigue. Aoth is one of my favorite characters to come from the Realms, and Tchazzar has grown to be one of my favorite antagonists.

I especially enjoyed the draconic lore in this unofficial trilogy as well as the look at dragonborn culture.

Agreed, its was a very good series and I am looking forward to reading more. Hope there are some more novels about the dragonborn as well, unlike some people i don't consider them ripoffs but a genuinely interesting species.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2012 :  14:17:18  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Entromancer, Thauranil, thanks for the kind words.

I think the first three books of Brotherhood of the Griffon can legitimately be considered a trilogy. Together, they tell one big story, my first Chessenta story. Then, in Book 4, my Rashemen sequence begins.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  22:45:06  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So far it's the Icewind Dale trilogy.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1845 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2013 :  15:48:45  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moonshae, followed by Dark Elf.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000