Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dice?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  19:29:28  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I lost my D&D dice, is their a site where I can download paper versions. Like fold a paper in the shape of a die for 1d8 and so on. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please respond to this.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  20:00:53  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.dicecollector.com/MY_PAPER.HTM appears to offer such images. I do not normally load images however did look at the d4 and it should work.

As for the "ORDERING INFORMATION " the templates are not sold, the owner of the website does appear willing to trade non paper dice. I hope the other dice templates look as good as the d4 did.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  22:37:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a reason you can't buy more? I think you can get a nice set for about $8...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  23:14:35  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
not particularly, I just don't know the next time I'll be at the mall. I figure it'll be quicker this way.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  23:47:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bleck.

1) If you have a laptop that you bring with you, just download the Dice Roller program from the WotC website.

Or 2) Borrow someone else's between turns; in the game I was in this spring, the DM provided all the dice except for mine.

Or 3) . . . make a trip to the mall. Paper dice just won't cut it unless you pack it with clay or something.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  00:03:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Bleck.

1) If you have a laptop that you bring with you, just download the Dice Roller program from the WotC website.

Have you a link to this program?

quote:

Or 2) Borrow someone else's between turns; in the game I was in this spring, the DM provided all the dice except for mine.

Like many gamers, I've got way too many dice. I actually keep a bag of oddball dice with my regular dice, just in case someone needs to borrow them.

(I've also got novelty dice of various sorts, including a smiley D6 and one of the D5's that Dragon gave away a couple years ago)

quote:

Or 3) . . . make a trip to the mall. Paper dice just won't cut it unless you pack it with clay or something.

Cardstock might work better, but even that won't be great. So I agree: it's time to go shopping.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  00:24:10  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly RupertHave you a link to this program?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20040517a

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  00:29:03  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here.

Download it, or use it online.

EDIT: Ah, fooey. I was beaten to it, all because I wanted to be nice and neet with my URLs.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 14 Jul 2005 00:30:50
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  00:55:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here.

Download it, or use it online.

EDIT: Ah, fooey. I was beaten to it, all because I wanted to be nice and neet with my URLs.

You would have beat me but since I use that for my online games, I had it bookmarked. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  01:35:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah. Yeah, I downloaded it, so I had to find it again.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  01:53:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I remember that one, now. It's not a bad one, but I still prefer a little freeware I found called QuickDice. I'd post the URL, but I'll be dipped if I could tell you where I found it -- I found that program 1 computer and several rebuilds ago.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  02:10:54  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would it be this?

EDIT: Never mind, that can't be it.

Curse my slow connection, it wasn't fast enough . . . .

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 14 Jul 2005 02:16:25
Go to Top of Page

Kowarete
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  04:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Kowarete's Homepage Send Kowarete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not know of any sights where you can get templates for paper dice, but here is an idea to use so the dice you make will not be crushed, put some kind of tape around them. I use duck tape because it does not bend so easily

The shadows are my only friends
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  06:11:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure you mean duct tape (though how that would help, I have no idea -- how do you see the numbers?).

Duck tape would draw PETA like a blood would a shark.

Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  16:19:40  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Come on guys... Buy the dice-set. A home made dice will never have the realistic average outcome of the rolls... You can impossibly make it as even-sided as one bought in a store...

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  17:11:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Would it be this?

EDIT: Never mind, that can't be it.

Curse my slow connection, it wasn't fast enough . . . .

Ah, here is the one I was talking about.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  17:13:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faramicos

Come on guys... Buy the dice-set. A home made dice will never have the realistic average outcome of the rolls... You can impossibly make it as even-sided as one bought in a store...

Ideally, a gamer should have many sets of dice. But for some gamers, that's not always possible. So we were discussing certain viable alternatives.

Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  18:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know... Just thought it sounded rather silly to be a RPG-player and not have the needed dice-set... But one can be out of luck and lose them. Fair enough.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Kowarete
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  03:27:26  Show Profile  Visit Kowarete's Homepage Send Kowarete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm sure you mean duct tape (though how that would help, I have no idea -- how do you see the numbers?).

Duck tape would draw PETA like a blood would a shark.

Write the numbers on with sharpie

The shadows are my only friends
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  11:50:27  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh I don't envy you, I can hardly make a d6 without crushing the sides and getting sellotape everywhere let alone a d20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000