Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New books!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  16:46:06  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm going to go and order some FR books/gaming accesories. My question is this: Which ones would you order and why are they "must-haves"?

-Space for rent-

Edited by - Alaundo on 14 Jan 2003 23:10:32

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  17:02:31  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All the books about Drizzt, Shadowdale Tantras and Waterdeep, the cleric Quintlet. I don't have the time to give further explanations. I'll complete this list later
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  20:57:06  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have to read books about Liriel Baenre!!!

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  21:11:05  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes they are great too.
But i can't speak for the new FR books. In France we are very late. The last i read was "Star of Crushrah" (sp?)
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  04:20:45  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

All the books about Drizzt, Shadowdale Tantras and Waterdeep, the cleric Quintlet. I don't have the time to give further explanations. I'll complete this list later

I agree with zemd. You should read the Avatar Trilogy to learn about the Time of Troubles, and the Drizzt books aren't really "must-haves" but are quite interesting and are important to know about since so many other people have read them as well. I haven't yet read the Cleric Quintet, but I would assume it's important because it ties in with the Drizzt books.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:10:34  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon

I'm going to go and order some FR books/gaming accesories. My question is this: Which ones would you order and why are they "must-haves"?

Gaming accesoiries: FRCS definitely... And if you don't have it, the PHB of course.
FR Books: Depends on your preference of tales and heroes. Some nice suggestions have been made and the review topics in the Novels section should be able to help you out there. My personal recommendation would be the Sembia series.
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  19:46:08  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon

Gaming accesoiries: FRCS definitely... And if you don't have it, the PHB of course.
FR Books: Depends on your preference of tales and heroes. Some nice suggestions have been made and the review topics in the Novels section should be able to help you out there. My personal recommendation would be the Sembia series.

Ekhm...Mumadar, could you tell me what are those Sembia series? Here in Poland we don't have such series...

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  20:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranaghar Tsaran
Ekhm...Mumadar, could you tell me what are those Sembia series? Here in Poland we don't have such series...

Ranaghar Tsaran, im not Mumadar , but,check out the Novels page on this site, the Sembia series is listed at the bottom of the Trilogies\Series section on the page. All the information you need is there.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  15:41:41  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000