Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Roping the kiddies early into D&D
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  08:14:07  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://paizo.com/store/toys/plushes/monsters/v5748btpy7cix

This made me laugh

So George, Eric and Sage is there nice fluffy Griffin your childs future?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  09:10:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there was a Cthulhu plush I was intending to purchase for the little one just before he or she is to be born... , but the Lady K felt that the baby might be frightened by such an image despite its inherent plush qualities...

I could see myself picking up this one though . But, what I'd like to see is a plush doll of the Old Bearded One himself... ...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  10:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Well, there was a Cthulhu plush I was intending to purchase for the little one just before he or she is to be born... , but the Lady K felt that the baby might be frightened by such an image despite its inherent plush qualities...

I could see myself picking up this one though . But, what I'd like to see is a plush doll of the Old Bearded One himself... ...

I take it you havent heard about WOTC new Stuffed toy?

"Tickle me Elminster"

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 19 May 2005 10:40:47
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  14:33:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does he come with a smoking pipe?...

Go to Top of Page

Imrahil
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  14:34:42  Show Profile  Visit Imrahil's Homepage Send Imrahil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Sage
I wouldn't worry about that Cthulhu plush. When I was a young father, I purchased one for my newborn. It really wasn't that scary, though I was hoping it would be more, oh, I don't know, squishy. It was kind of hard, and not very snuggly. Plus, they came in a multitude of colors. I happened to get a green one, but how scary could a plaid one be!?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  14:44:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plaid... I can only imagine. No... wait, I don't want to imagine .

Hey, I might decide to pick up both .

Go to Top of Page

Imrahil
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  14:55:10  Show Profile  Visit Imrahil's Homepage Send Imrahil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My bad!

I just looked at Dargoth's link. I don't think paizo is where I got my Cthulhu from. I got mine about eight years ago from a company that some guy was running out of his house . I just stumbled across an article about the guy in a gaming magazine.

So, I'm not sure that these plush Cthulhus (Cthulhi? ) come in plaid, these look more squishy.

Mmmmmmmmmm... squishy.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  17:12:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got a couple of the plush Cthulhus... My fave is the one that's in shorts and a Bermuda shirt, with a straw hat, sandals, and shades. Like I told my lady, even Eternal Elder Evils need a day on the beach.

One of the funniest things I ever saw: someone on LJ has a user icon that is a "Hello Kitty"-looking Cthulhu, doing a little happy jog.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  17:27:04  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first plush toy I bought my daughter (when she was about 3 hours old) was a Beenie-Baby bat. Yes, a bat. And she loved that thing. Chewed the wings darn-near off of it. Some other plushes I bought her? A scorpion, a stingray (life-size from Grand Cayman Island), a chameleon, and, yes, a dragon. But that bat was the one she loved. So I don't see a Cthulu being to fearsome.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  20:13:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine has already given her little baby (not even a month old) a plushie slime from the Dragon Warrior games.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6653 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  01:15:24  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to give John something like that - but the chances of finding a plushy Cthulu in Australia are practically zero I would guess. Might have to keep a look out for a dragon. He does have a big moon which in a pinch could be considered a Moonstars symbol. Mind you, the littel orcling is only interested in food these days and whatever daddy's reading - we played keep the new FR product away from toddler the other night.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  01:58:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I would love to give John something like that - but the chances of finding a plushy Cthulu in Australia are practically zero I would guess.
I don't know where you're shopping then George, because I've seen Cthulhu plush toys in stores both here in Perth and in Sydney. I'm not sure about the City of Churches though... Perhaps they've been overlooked .

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  02:05:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I would love to give John something like that - but the chances of finding a plushy Cthulu in Australia are practically zero I would guess. Might have to keep a look out for a dragon. He does have a big moon which in a pinch could be considered a Moonstars symbol. Mind you, the littel orcling is only interested in food these days and whatever daddy's reading - we played keep the new FR product away from toddler the other night.

-- George Krashos

Krash, I've got three plushy Cthulhus... I've got a plain little one (only a few inches tall), a plain regular-sized one, and my "summer fun" Cthulhu. If you want one of the plain ones, PM me and we'll work something out. I'd rather see one get gummed to death by a baby than see it sit around gathering dust at my place.

Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  19:47:00  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How 'bout a beany baby dragon? Click the link, scroll all the way down using that vertical scrollbar to the left, and click on the dragon (third from the bottom). And get this: it's name is Y Ddraig Goch.
http://www.ty.com/BeanieBabies_home

Goblins? *Slash* *Scream* *Thunk* What goblins?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  14:15:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've purchased a gold dragon and a griffon for a lady I know into D&D.
Go to Top of Page

Lashan
Learned Scribe

USA
235 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  18:13:59  Show Profile  Visit Lashan's Homepage Send Lashan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's very funny. I was just in the future nursery for little Alex. I had just told my wife that our child was going to grow up a geek and I was going to teach him DnD. She (humorously) made a face and fled. Then, I come in here and find this thread!

I gave my little girl a stuffed black dragon from Sleeping Beauty. It was quite nifty looking, but she never got into it. I still think one day I might try to make a pixie oriented campaign for her and her friends. Maybe.

Another friend of mine scanned in and printed out the beholder picture from the old 1E Monster Manual. He was able to get it printed on a "onesy" for my little boy. It's really awesome! Oh, that and a onesy that says "My Daddy has a higher level magic-user then your Daddy."
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  18:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah? Well my MOMMY has a higher level magic user than your daddy! (She actually is playing a lvl 8 moon elf sorcerer) (I'm serious, though!)

Goblins? *Slash* *Scream* *Thunk* What goblins?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  18:32:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lashan
Oh, that and a onesy that says "My Daddy has a higher level magic-user then your Daddy."

Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  14:07:10  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Um... My 10 year old son is already invloved in about 3 campaigns and is constantly reminding me his Gnome Bard/Warlock/Rogue can still out-damage dear old Dad's puny wizard. (Only 4th level, just wait...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000