Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New cover: Promise of the Witch King
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2005 :  14:12:59  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osieu

quote:
"I grant you your soul, but not your life. Be happy that I have found a measure of mercy."

Actually, I think it might be said by Orcus himself!

You know, the Witch-King was a follower of Orcus in life/unlife. Therefore, when he got destoryed by Dragonbane, his soul would most likely return to Orcus and got punished for his failure. Now look at the line "Caught between the ghost of a power-mad lich..." So we can see that the Witch-King returns as a ghost, which just fits the said situation - Zhengy has his soul back (as a ghost), but no life, no body, no nothing. Besides, this line is very Orcus style too - "I give your soul back to haunt in undeath, to wander forever... and you should be thankful that I'm in good mood."

Come to think of it, in the original Bloodstone Series, Orcus was killed by Gareth Dragonsbane and company, but he managed to attain a new status that's a mixture of undeath and divinity as a result of the Dead Gods Planescape adventure. If old Orcus can pull that one off, reviving Zhengyi, in whom he had invested much, may be a walk in the park...
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2005 :  11:30:35  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surely orcus will be drained of his strength for a period of time and will not be able to do anything major during this period of revovery, I assume.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2005 :  17:55:37  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

Surely orcus will be drained of his strength for a period of time and will not be able to do anything major during this period of revovery, I assume.

That already pretty much happened, which is why we had the Planescape modules The Great Modron March and Dead Gods. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000