Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Bonny
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  01:06:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you share this PrC with us? I'm not normally a fan of PrCs, but it sounds interesting, and the other PrCs in Lost Empires of Faerūn were actually interesting...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  01:45:28  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edbonny
I am very familiar with this quote and when considering it for LEoF, I factored in everything that was published about the Imaskar. For one, the Horde boxset was published in 1980 and nothing published after that date ever refers to this secret empire that is apparently active in local politics and trading.

I also would not call the Deep Imaskari city a secret Imaskar empire (and it is almost certain that the Horde boxset was not refering to the Deep Imaskar people). Their isolationist mentality just does lend itself to meddling in Semphar's politics.

All this leads to a quandary. What do we have:
A secret empire, derived from the first, that is very active but apparently nobody knows about (not even the Mulhorandi).

As has been said before, a lot of ideas and material turned over to Wizards did not make it into print. Imaskar was an area I was trying to flesh out a lot but as we all know, space is limited. One of these was a prestige class known as the Portal Lord, an ancient prestige class of Imaskar whose secrets have been handed down throughout the centuries by the ancestors of a clandestine group of surviving artificers who fled to Ulgarth during the uprising.

I wanted to tie these Portal Lords to the Horde boxset statement, clarifying to say that these artificers believe themselves to be their heirs of the Imaskari Empire and have worked for centuries in secret to put themselves back in power.

- Ed

About the same conclusion I came to as well, regarding the Deep Imaskari and the quote. Since they litteraly locked themself away it couldn't consern them, nor would they have a grudge with Semphār.

Ay it would have been nice to see a larger chunk of info on them since most of the other areas allready have been covered more or less by other products where as Imaskar have nothing. But then again all of the other areas are mostly over in the "heartlands" so to say which at least by my experience are more traveled by DMs and Players alike.

On another note I read throug Sonjar's Tower some more. Really nice, you have managed to put an alien feeling on that place with all the portals etc, stupendous work Ed.

I indeed agree with Wooly on that it would be nice to see some of this none published material if possible. But then again it is probably in the hands of The Wizards that dwell on the Coast, and they do clutch things hard.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  04:55:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Before the tidal wave hit Jhaamdath where exactly did Jhouram sit?

Which Island was it connected to Ilighon, Ixinos or Wavecrest?

In LEOF you say that theres a hilly region near the city, now going off my the FR CDROM atals Wavecrest and Ilighon dont have any hills, Ixino does, it could even be a mountain.

The moutain seems to be on the north shore of the island which would have acted as the shield you mentioned in LEOF (as the Tidal wave would have come from the north heading south.

According to the FR CD atlas the distance between Ilighon and Xinios is 26 miles which is more than the "10 Miles south of the Silvanus eyes islands in Jhaamdath bay. However the 3ed FR map has been altered and the 2 Islands may well be within 10 miles of each other now.

(The logical place to me to put Jhouram would be on the Bay that makes up the western coast of Ixinos)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

edbonny
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  15:28:39  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Before the tidal wave hit Jhaamdath where exactly did Jhouram sit?

Which Island was it connected to Ilighon, Ixinos or Wavecrest?

In LEOF you say that theres a hilly region near the city, now going off my the FR CDROM atals Wavecrest and Ilighon dont have any hills, Ixino does, it could even be a mountain.

The moutain seems to be on the north shore of the island which would have acted as the shield you mentioned in LEOF (as the Tidal wave would have come from the north heading south.

According to the FR CD atlas the distance between Ilighon and Xinios is 26 miles which is more than the "10 Miles south of the Silvanus eyes islands in Jhaamdath bay. However the 3ed FR map has been altered and the 2 Islands may well be within 10 miles of each other now.

(The logical place to me to put Jhouram would be on the Bay that makes up the western coast of Ixinos)

You are correct. Stick with Ixinos for Jhouram. The new map has me confused as well. Murghom looks to be north of Mulhorand when it used to be west?

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  20:21:09  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Can you share this PrC with us? I'm not normally a fan of PrCs, but it sounds interesting, and the other PrCs in Lost Empires of Faerūn were actually interesting...

Will do... have to go dig it out of the basement! Expect it by the weekend.

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  20:30:22  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn
On another note I read throug Sonjar's Tower some more. Really nice, you have managed to put an alien feeling on that place with all the portals etc, stupendous work Ed.

I indeed agree with Wooly on that it would be nice to see some of this none published material if possible. But then again it is probably in the hands of The Wizards that dwell on the Coast, and they do clutch things hard.

Hymn,

Thank you for the kind words. That was exactly the feelI was trying to go for with Sonjar's Tower. And also thanks for your kind words in another post on the magelord - the cruel thug-wizard bully of Athalantar.

As for unpublished material, there is a slew of NPCs, locations and adventures that did not see print. I was hoping to see it all in the web enhancement.

Originally, each chapter was to end with an adventure. For Chapter 5: The High Forest, there was inspired by Rich Baker's newest fey'ri novel. I set it in a lost Siluvanede citadel called Sunspires and it involved a few "young" fey'ri who, although evil, did not wish to become tools in Sarya's lust for vengeance. For chapter 7, I had a Shoonach era underground laboratory where the Shoon monarchs would conduct longevity experiments (i.e. torture) on pure/goodly races. The abandoned area was littered with undead remannts of fey, gold dragons, elves, etc. as well as potions/staves/etc. of healing and curing which were created from the body parts of those good creatures.

- Ed

Edited by - edbonny on 02 Mar 2005 00:15:21
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  20:33:17  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet, sure you don't want me to come over and give you a hand. It's only like a a trip across the Atlantic.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  20:51:30  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Helm,

Thank you for the kind words. That was exactly the feelI was trying to go for with Sonjar's Tower. And also thanks for your kind words in another post on the magelord - the cruel thug-wizard bully of Athalantar.

As for unpublished material, there is a slew of NPCs, locations and adventures that did not see print. I was hoping to see it all in the web enhancement.

Originally, each chapter was to end with an adventure. For Chapter 5: The High Forest, there was inspired by Rich Baker's newest fey'ri novel. I set it in a lost Siluvanede citadel called Sunspires and it involved a few "young" fey'ri who, although evil, did not wish to become tools in Sarya's lust for vengeance. For chapter 7, I had a Shoonach era underground laboratory where the Shoon monarchs would conduct longevity experiments (i.e. torture) on pure/goodly races. The abandoned area was littered with undead remannts of fey, gold dragons, elves, etc. as well as potions/staves/etc. of healing and curing which were created from the body parts of those good creatures.

- Ed

Ah well in thruth I should thank you, Baker, and Stout that put together such a marvelous tome.

Ah yes I recall such a mentioning in the text about the Shoon imperium, they were so wicked. Together with the 2ed acessory Empires of the Shining Sea it gives a great foundation to build a camp on.

I am really looking forward to implement this wealth of information into my campaign. Don't know if the players will be as excited once they run into it, but hopefully they will at least enjoy it.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  22:59:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Will do... have to go dig it out of the basement! Expect it by the weekend.

- Ed

Excellent! I thank you in advance for that.

quote:

Since it didn't make the web enhancement, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see that stuff here!

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  23:10:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally, each chapter was to end with an adventure. For Chapter 5: The High Forest, there was inspired by Rich Baker's newest fey'ri novel. I set it in a lost Siluvanede citadel called Sunspires and it involved a few "young" fey'ri who, although evil, did not wish to become tools in Sarya's lust for vengeance.
- Ed

I would have loved to have seen that adventure versus the ones that made the cut.
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  23:18:43  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The thing that not all the chapters has a complete adventure besides the seeds make them look a bit paler when compared to the others

Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  16:24:28  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally, each chapter was to end with an adventure. For Chapter 5: The High Forest, there was inspired by Rich Baker's newest fey'ri novel. I set it in a lost Siluvanede citadel called Sunspires and it involved a few "young" fey'ri who, although evil, did not wish to become tools in Sarya's lust for vengeance.
- Ed

I would have loved to have seen that adventure versus the ones that made the cut.

When the art went up for LEOF, this image http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/leof_gallery/86704.jpg called "Sunspires" was included which led me to think that the adventure would be in the book. Since there is art, will the adventure turn up somewhere? :)

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2005 :  23:48:59  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You are correct. Stick with Ixinos for Jhouram. The new map has me confused as well. Murghom looks to be north of Mulhorand when it used to be west?

- Ed

An interesting idea might have been to make the 3 Islands part of one large island in pre Tidal wave Jhaamdath with the Tidal wave swamping and flooding the lower areas of this larger island

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 03 Mar 2005 23:49:58
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  17:26:48  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, today as I begun to compile the information from LEoF I found this conflicting information. (Suprise, suprise!)

"-3891 Under order from Lord Artificer Omanond, Imaskari artificer create the Imaskarcana ..."

In Chapter 10 it says "First Imaskarcana: Crafted by an ancient Lord Artificer in Inupras more than nine thousand years ago..."

"Fifht Imaskarcana: Forged some eight thousand five hundred years ago.. the fifht Imaskarcana contains the entire military history of Imaskar from -7500 DR onward"

Now this kind of solves itself since the empire only had existed (roughly) for 700 years if we go with the First Imaskarcana. Which would have made the purpose of the Imaskarcana quiet usueless if one attempts to store the knowledge of the empire after only half a millenia, kind of like smother the baby in its cradle.

So Ed any ideas on when they where exactly created

Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  19:49:26  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm, today as I begun to compile the information from LEoF I found this conflicting information. (Suprise, suprise!)

"-3891 Under order from Lord Artificer Omanond, Imaskari artificer create the Imaskarcana ..."

In Chapter 10 it says "First Imaskarcana: Crafted by an ancient Lord Artificer in Inupras more than nine thousand years ago..."

"Fifht Imaskarcana: Forged some eight thousand five hundred years ago.. the fifht Imaskarcana contains the entire military history of Imaskar from -7500 DR onward"

Now this kind of solves itself since the empire only had existed (roughly) for 700 years if we go with the First Imaskarcana. Which would have made the purpose of the Imaskarcana quiet usueless if one attempts to store the knowledge of the empire after only half a millenia, kind of like smother the baby in its cradle.

So Ed any ideas on when they where exactly created

Hymn,

When I get home I will check my notes. A clarification is clearly need here!
- Ed

Edited by - edbonny on 08 Mar 2005 19:52:46
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  20:07:49  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also found that the information about The Palace of the Purple Emperor section mentions that "Lord Artificer Yuvaraj, wielding a fabled tome of the Imaskarcana, rode his copper dragon mount into combat to join his artificers in a spectacular spell-battle against the god-kings Gilgeam and Anhur."

There are two errors as I can see, well 1 and 1/2 maybe since you could consider the Imaskarcana "tomes" of knowledge wether or not they truly are a tome or not as the third one is. But any how you get my point on that one I hope.

Second; the picture in the chapter as well as the time line says that Horus fights and slays Yuvaraj. Did Yuvaraj fight the three of them or just the two or only Horus?

Btw did you have anything statted out on the copper dragon or was that just a wish/ want from your side? I can't recall ...

Edited by - Hymn on 08 Mar 2005 20:09:42
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  22:00:01  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I also found that the information about The Palace of the Purple Emperor section mentions that "Lord Artificer Yuvaraj, wielding a fabled tome of the Imaskarcana, rode his copper dragon mount into combat to join his artificers in a spectacular spell-battle against the god-kings Gilgeam and Anhur."

There are two errors as I can see, well 1 and 1/2 maybe since you could consider the Imaskarcana "tomes" of knowledge wether or not they truly are a tome or not as the third one is. But any how you get my point on that one I hope.

Second; the picture in the chapter as well as the time line says that Horus fights and slays Yuvaraj. Did Yuvaraj fight the three of them or just the two or only Horus?

Btw did you have anything statted out on the copper dragon or was that just a wish/ want from your side? I can't recall ...

Hymn,

1)The word "Tome" for the Imaskari is loosely applied in terms of its physical form. See the Third Imaskarcana's description in Underdark where it says that the shapes of the other 6 tomes could be anything. Tome in this sense means a "repository of knowledge." They are tomes, they just don't look like books.

2) I wrote that Yuvaraj fought and died before two gods, Gilgeam and Anhur. I imagine that he would have fought more than the two mentioned in LEoF that fateful day. Horus is probably what the artist decided to show. It was a very long day of battle and the Imaskari had many defenses against divine magic at their disposal. It is not inconceivable that the Emperor was zipping/teleporting around the battlefield blasting away at the gods and glorious servitors for hours before he was finally overcome. The big point here was that it took 2 gods to bring him down for good.

3) There are no stats for the copper dragon. The emperor did ride a great wyrm steed though.

- Ed

Edited by - edbonny on 09 Mar 2005 01:52:51
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  01:43:51  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about my first question? found on page 3.

Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  02:22:01  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What about my first question? found on page 3.

Hymn,

The date in the line reading "-3891 Under orders from Emperor Omanond, Imaskari artificers create seven tomes that record the empire’s immense magical lore for all eternity. These later become known as the Imaskarcana." should actually say -7891 DR.

As major artifacts, the Imaskarcana were able to record Imaskari history (as experienced by their bearers) throughout the centuries. Conceivably, they would still record if carried by someone with a Imaskari bloodline.

More checking my notes: Regarding the battle of Yuvaraj and the 3 deities, I believe a decision was made inhouse to drop the 2 I wrote and change the emperor's slayer to Horus. It was changed in the timeline and in the description of the First Imaskarcana but somehow was overlooked in the entry for Inuprus.

But this can be easily settled. On that last day of Imaskar, all the deities of the "kidnapped/enslaved peoples" were at the battle - outside protecting people, inside destroying the city and flying over the beleaguered imperial city to take on the artificers. Most if not all of them were more than eager to be the one to take out the hated Imaskar Emperor, the ultimate symbol of their peoples' enslavement. (I imagine it is embarassing for any god to have your people stolen and then be prohibited for centuries from rescuing them because their kidnappers, mere mortals!, erected a planar barrier that you, a deity, could not bring down). My art request for this scene had the 2 Untheric gods flying towards Yuvaraj blasting blasting him with divine energy (that he was able to easily withstand). It is possible that the 2 punished Yuvaraj terribly, sending him terribly weakend in the direction of Horus who opportunistically dealt the killing blow. I imagine that both the future Untheric and Mulhorandi peoples would claim that their god dealt the final blow.

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  03:05:29  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hymn,

The date in the line reading "-3891 Under orders from Emperor Omanond, Imaskari artificers create seven tomes that record the empire’s immense magical lore for all eternity. These later become known as the Imaskarcana." should actually say -7891 DR.

As major artifacts, the Imaskarcana were able to record Imaskari history (as experienced by their bearers) throughout the centuries. Conceivably, they would still record if carried by someone with a Imaskari bloodline.

More checking my notes: Regarding the battle of Yuvaraj and the 3 deities, I believe a decision was made inhouse to drop the 2 I wrote and change the emperor's slayer to Horus. It was changed in the timeline and in the description of the First Imaskarcana but somehow was overlooked in the entry for Inuprus.

But this can be easily settled. On that last day of Imaskar, all the deities of the "kidnapped/enslaved peoples" were at the battle - outside protecting people, inside destroying the city and flying over the beleaguered imperial city to take on the artificers. Most if not all of them were more than eager to be the one to take out the hated Imaskar Emperor, the ultimate symbol of their peoples' enslavement. (I imagine it is embarassing for any god to have your people stolen and then be prohibited for centuries from rescuing them because their kidnappers, mere mortals!, erected a planar barrier that you, a deity, could not bring down). My art request for this scene had the 2 Untheric gods flying towards Yuvaraj blasting blasting him with divine energy (that he was able to easily withstand). It is possible that the 2 punished Yuvaraj terribly, sending him terribly weakend in the direction of Horus who opportunistically dealt the killing blow. I imagine that both the future Untheric and Mulhorandi peoples would claim that their god dealt the final blow.

- Ed

Looks like you got it all pictured eh. If the creation is moved that far back then it would have been issued by the second or perhaps third Emperor. Great foresight ...

Ah yes that all makes sence if they where created that early. Btw was there ever a write up on the Imaskarcana? As were they all detailed or rather sketched up. Since we now only know of four (if you count the Seventh mentiond in the WE for LEoF) which I kind of like and it fits in somehow with the previously mentioned ones. The forth is also mentioned but only as to where it can be found which is sad.

It's also interesting to see that they expand rather quickly (without the help of nether scrolls at least what we know) We are only talking 230 years here from "tribes" settling the plains of Raurin and the creation of extradimensional spaces. That's roughly 5 life times of a man depending on how you count. My guess here would be that the elves have a finger in the play (here to yes) or perhaps even the drow since the crown war is over and it is only about 500 years since after the collapse of Bhaerynden.

But I am only rambling here. At least this latest info will allow me to finish up the compiled stuff.

Edited by - Hymn on 09 Mar 2005 03:13:18
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  03:26:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My guess is that the Imaskari stumbled upon some of the lore of the Creator Races. The sarrukh kingdom of Okoth was nearby geographically and everytime I read sources on Thay, the Citadel on the Thaymount screams "Creator Races" to me (or perhaps a citadel of the Ba'etith, the creators of the Nether Scrolls).

In my campaign, the Raumathari discover lost lore of Imaskar (which is why they are known for their aptitude with constructs, etc.), so it's credible to think that the Imaskari inherited some of their lore (much in the vein of the Netherese) from somewhere/one else and 'codified' it themselves in the Imaskarna.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  03:33:29  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

My guess is that the Imaskari stumbled upon some of the lore of the Creator Races. The sarrukh kingdom of Okoth was nearby geographically and everytime I read sources on Thay, the Citadel on the Thaymount screams "Creator Races" to me (or perhaps a citadel of the Ba'etith, the creators of the Nether Scrolls).

In my campaign, the Raumathari discover lost lore of Imaskar (which is why they are known for their aptitude with constructs, etc.), so it's credible to think that the Imaskari inherited some of their lore (much in the vein of the Netherese) from somewhere/one else and 'codified' it themselves in the Imaskarna.

-- George Krashos

Good point and a better one I think, I had it gnawing in my mind as well but besides being not that hyped on the creator races I am a bit to tired to check throug Serpent kingdoms etc for info om them since it is 4:30 am over here. No I am not up early...

Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  14:47:37  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Looks like you got it all pictured eh. If the creation is moved that far back then it would have been issued by the second or perhaps third Emperor. Great foresight ...

Ah yes that all makes sence if they where created that early. Btw was there ever a write up on the Imaskarcana? As were they all detailed or rather sketched up. Since we now only know of four (if you count the Seventh mentiond in the WE for LEoF) which I kind of like and it fits in somehow with the previously mentioned ones. The forth is also mentioned but only as to where it can be found which is sad.

It's also interesting to see that they expand rather quickly (without the help of nether scrolls at least what we know) We are only talking 230 years here from "tribes" settling the plains of Raurin and the creation of extradimensional spaces. That's roughly 5 life times of a man depending on how you count. My guess here would be that the elves have a finger in the play (here to yes) or perhaps even the drow since the crown war is over and it is only about 500 years since after the collapse of Bhaerynden.

But I am only rambling here. At least this latest info will allow me to finish up the compiled stuff.

Hymn,

I was only asked to write one Imaskarcana for LEoF. I loved the Imaskari so much that I wrote two. As far as I know, there is no outline of what they are supposed to be or look like. As for the 7th that appears in the online adventure, the concept behind its powers is very interesting and very Imaskar, so I'd run with it. I would doubt very much that it looks like a key though. The Imaskari did not put doors on their buildings. No doors means no locks which means no keys. They had portals... portals which may have required certain keys but those keys could have been anything.

As for the 230 years, a lot can happen. 230 years ago, my country consisted of untold tribes of native americans and a dozen+ European colonies on the verge of determining their own destiny. Now if they had magic back then, imagine what we'd be like today.

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  22:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[brNow if they had magic back then, imagine what we'd be like today.

- Ed

The United States of Arcana

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  23:17:11  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hymn,

I was only asked to write one Imaskarcana for LEoF. I loved the Imaskari so much that I wrote two. As far as I know, there is no outline of what they are supposed to be or look like. As for the 7th that appears in the online adventure, the concept behind its powers is very interesting and very Imaskar, so I'd run with it. I would doubt very much that it looks like a key though. The Imaskari did not put doors on their buildings. No doors means no locks which means no keys. They had portals... portals which may have required certain keys but those keys could have been anything.

As for the 230 years, a lot can happen. 230 years ago, my country consisted of untold tribes of native americans and a dozen+ European colonies on the verge of determining their own destiny. Now if they had magic back then, imagine what we'd be like today.

- Ed

Perhaps a symbol, like the one mentioned in the same adventure, The Guild of the Artificers. Now if we only knew how it looked like. I mean swirling lines intersected by dots can look quiet different.

Ah yes I forget not all people suffer from longlevity Yepp, a lot sure has happened. Sweden had a been sent back to a minor player after almost encompassing the whole Eastern Sea. Ah those where the days.

Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2005 :  15:31:29  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
3) There are no stats for the copper dragon. The emperor did ride a great wyrm steed though.

- Ed

Wait a minute. What is a copper dragon, a dragon from one of the good species, doing serving as the mount of the emperor of a nation of slavers?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2005 :  17:30:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krafus

quote:

- Ed

Wait a minute. What is a copper dragon, a dragon from one of the good species, doing serving as the mount of the emperor of a nation of slavers?

There are the occaisonal rogues... Also, the dragon could have been magically enslaved.

Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2005 :  20:53:24  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
There are the occaisonal rogues... Also, the dragon could have been magically enslaved.

Riding a magically enslaved mount as powerful as a great wyrm into battle against gods (or at least their avatars) strikes me as very foolish. The gods might find a way to break the magical binding, and then the rider would find himself with a very angry and vengeance-bent mount.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2005 :  23:49:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but which 'all-powerful' wizard thinks that their spells or abilities will go awry? Charmed dragon steeds have been around since the earliest days of Faerun so I don't see a problem here.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2005 :  05:24:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the Imaskari had proven to be some powerful blokes... They had the power to ban gods from entering the sphere, so what's a simple deific dispel charm going to do?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000