Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 About Catti-brie and Drizzt...possible spoilers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Effect
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  22:49:28  Show Profile  Visit Effect's Homepage Send Effect a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It seems novel questions are allowed on the wizard forums. Didn't know that but it seems like a silly thing to stop to be honest but oh well. I was redirected here to ask my questions. So here goes.

Okay I've read the Icewind Dale trilogy and Dark Elf trilogy. I picked up the first Hunter's novel, just read a bit of it. From the end of the Icewind Dale trilogy I was under the impression that Catti-brie and Wulfgar were to be married. Yet when it comes to the Hunter's trilogy. It seems she is in love with Drizzt and the two had been adventuring together. I think its Bruenor that says that he can't give her what she wants(I'm thinking its kids for some reason). Its been a while since I read the little bit I did.

Can anyone explain this situation for me?

I don't have a problem if the two are actually together. Actually I'd prefer that a LOT more then her being with Wulfgar. I never did take a liking to him to much to be honest. Don't hate him but he's not one of my favorite characters.

Thanks.

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  23:13:36  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simple version. Woofy went to hell, Cat was comforted by Driz, who always loved her anyway. Cat and Driz wandered the open seas fighting bad people before returning to Mithril Hall. When Woofy came back from heck he was not too keen on it at first, then gave in after acting the part of bouncer for a while. He married the barmaid at the pub and is now happy, or is he (I haven't read Two Swords yet, but I think the honeymoon is over).
I'll leave the complicated version to others.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2004 :  01:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The simple problem is that you've missed out the Legacy of the Drow series and the Paths of Darkness series. By reading them, you'll cover the events hammer mentioned and take you up to the start of the Hunter's Blades trilogy. I would suggest you go back and read the aforementioned series before continuing where you are.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000