Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Castle in the Stonelands
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  02:15:47  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings, all.

Although it's not "officially official," Sean K Reynolds has posted the LARP (live-action roleplay) he and I ran at Gen Con Indy 2004 back in August. Included are the character descriptions, the rules for the game, a "cheat sheet" for the GMs to keep things moving, and everything else needed to duplicate the game elsewhere (or to just enjoy it yourself). The game can be found at Sean's Forgotten Realms page.

I can say that while the LARP went well and its story is done, we'll be seeing a few things trickling from it into other pieces as time goes on. Just where, and when, I cannot promise, but my suggestion is to watch carefully.

Enjoy!!

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  09:19:27  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent Thanks Garen.

Just checking it out at the mo, very nicely presented. Must have been a great event.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  21:33:16  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The LARP went extremely well. We had 30 out of 30 slots filled months before Gen Con, but as is to be expected, a few no-shows the night of the game. We did have two or three people jump in that night, and wound up with around 25 players. Sean has a photojournal up of the game, complete with his assessment of the event.

Personally, I was incredibly pleased, since I was the one that got to make up about two-thirds of the characters, and the way we mapped the character relationships left us with a few fulfilled expectations, a few surprises we could not forsee, and quite a bit of fun for everyone involved.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  13:49:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those SKR fans, look who has started his own games company.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000