Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Elves and Dwarves
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Senbar Flay
Learned Scribe

185 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  20:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Senbar Flay's Homepage Send Senbar Flay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello I am wondering if anyone can tell me any books that revolve around the struggles of elves or dwarves note I mean surface elves I had enough drow for now.

Imagination is more important than knowledge for knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.- Albert Einstein

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  00:54:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know of no books about dwarves, but for the elves, there's always Evermeet. 'Tis one of the better Realms books, too.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  04:10:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Senbar Flay

Hello I am wondering if anyone can tell me any books that revolve around the struggles of elves or dwarves note I mean surface elves I had enough drow for now.

Why enough of the drow?

Besides the excellent novel WR recommended, two other novels have elven struggles as a major theme. Silver Shadows and Heirs of Prophecy. A warning, both are parts of a series.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  15:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Senbar Flay

I know some that are based on elves/dwarves/hal-elves, but some are not FR related and Alaundo might walk past any moment now.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  16:46:48  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out Forsaken House as well for the elves. As for dwarves theres quite a bit in Salvatores Drizzt series about the dwarves of Mithril Hall. The only other thing I can think of is the Races of Faerun tome which gives fairly good back history on the most prominent FR races.

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU

Edited by - Wood Elf Ranger on 14 Sep 2004 16:48:09
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  16:48:54  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing much on dwarves,but alot of content on the elves.As stated above Evermeet:Isle of Elves,Forsaken House...There is plenty...

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  17:35:47  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

Check out Forsaken House as well for the elves.

Yes, especially if you want to see elves from multiple locations in the Realms. The novel features characters from Evermeet, the High Forest, and Evereska.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000