Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 3 FR products announced or hinted for 2005
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  07:03:35  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Well we know where getting

Ancient Empires (due out in March 05)

We also know where getting a Waterdeep source book which will concide with Ed and Elaines novel (So we'll probably get that source book in August 05)

It has also been hinted at that there will be a book in July 05 which will feature some of the FRs home Grown Arch Fiends ie Eltab, Dendar etc

We also now have the following from Gwen K in the MM3 interview

"Currently, I'm working on a Forgotten Realms project that explores some of the darker aspects of the setting."

Which Im guessing refers to the July book source book

and that only takes us up to August 2005, there may we'll be a 4th unannounced FR book floating around for Chrissy 2005

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  08:21:54  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's it hey? hmm... so I guess we'll have to wait to 4th edition for a book on Cormyr/Sembia/Dales (if I go by the rumor that 4th edition is happening in 2006... hopefully not though)
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  09:33:48  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

That's it hey? hmm... so I guess we'll have to wait to 4th edition for a book on Cormyr/Sembia/Dales (if I go by the rumor that 4th edition is happening in 2006... hopefully not though)

Hmmm I wonder if the Fire Knife Assasin PrC that was cut from PGTF will appear in the "Dark" july book

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  12:22:57  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Hmmm I wonder if the Fire Knife Assasin PrC that was cut from PGTF will appear in the "Dark" july book

That would be a very good guess Dargoth... by the way, has anything canon happened with the Fire Knives since Cloak and Dagger (which I shamefully do not own, and by looking at other sources, notably LoD, not much is found on them...)

I'm wondering if the Fire Knives will end up being assimilated or absorbed within the Night Masks... the LoD text seems to support that event happening in the future, unless something major happens to the Fire Knives and empowers the Grandfather of Assassins to retain his control over the young recruits.

My guess - and it's just my opinion - is that the Fire Knives are really on the way out, and that they will just be taken within the Night Masks. Let's face it: they live and Westgate and are constantly held back by an old fool bent on killing Cormyr's nobility... not sustainable.

I'd go as far as saying that WotC is probably not planning to release the Fire Knife Assassin PrC because they won't be existing anymore... otherwise it would be like releasing the "Tilverton Guard" PrC (i.e. knowing that Tilverton is a big crater...)
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  12:37:48  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I dont think Wizards will roll up the Fire Knives

infact theyve probably never been in a better position to do away with the Cormyrian royal family

Theres only one one heir avaliable and theres only 2 other members of the Royal family ie Alusair and her mother.

As for the Night masks well if it ever becomes to much of a problem then they can simply leave Westgate and travel to another city that would favour their aims ie Darkhold, Zhentil Keep or Sembia.

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  17:38:32  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where did you hear about this 4th edition rumor?
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  22:22:57  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Where did you hear about this 4th edition rumor?

Bunch of people talking at my local gaming store... nothing from anybody official, don't you worry! :)

However, when do you think it would make sense for WotC to roll out the new edition? (think as a businessman not a fan...)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  00:12:17  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
However, when do you think it would make sense for WotC to roll out the new edition? (think as a businessman not a fan...)

If you can find the thread where I linked an interview with the D&D Brand Manager, this subject is addressed by him in one of the questions.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2004 :  23:33:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich Baker had this to say on the WotC Boards the other day:

"Sure, I think there's a decent chance (for an "Old Empires" 3.5 revision) --but it won't be for a year or two. Our next couple of "geography" books are likely heading elsewhere. However, we recognize that the Old Empires book is about the oldest/most dated of the 2E sourcebooks out there, and we're overdue for a return to the Old Empires. It's just a matter of prioritizing where we think people are interested in playing vs. what haven't we covered before (or in a very long time).

Calimport might wait a little longer, because we had good stuff on the Lands of Intrigue fairly late in 2nd Ed. I think there's less urgency to go back there."

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  06:52:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, a bitter, cynical sort of person might say "Oh, so WotC admits there were things published before they took over?"

Fortunately, I'm not a bitter, cynical sort of person.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000