Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 WOTC Survey
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2004 :  16:09:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
WOTC currently has a survey up regarding its books' webpage. It's a short survey with questions regarding the WOTC novels' site and novels in general.

I for one asked for more sample chapters.

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2004 :  17:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well hopefully we will see some improvements to the area soon.

I made a comment that all updates to the novel area of the site should also be announced on the D&D\FR etc home pages too as its easy to miss new articles and downloads.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Feiht
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2004 :  18:35:48  Show Profile  Visit Feiht's Homepage Send Feiht a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn, you Seattle area people are lucky.

I also mentioned how they need to update more often, especially news when changes are made to novels, i.e. author changes or release date changes.
Go to Top of Page

Jabbakuk
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2004 :  19:33:55  Show Profile  Visit Jabbakuk's Homepage Send Jabbakuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a complete of my remarks that were submitted to the Wotc survey:

1. I want up-to-date postings of ALL sample chapters for ALL upcoming novels on your Forgotten Realms/Dragonlance web sites. Pleas refrain from posting small excerpts for sample chapters - post only Prelude and entire 1st chapter of novels, nothing less, thank you.

2. I want up-to-date web enhancements and sneak previews for ALL you upcoming Forgotten Realms/Dragonlance products.

3. A higher level of interactivity is required. The current one is at best primitive if not nonexistent. I am basically asking for the creation of conditions enabling me submission of own input on what we expect Wotc to publish in the forseeable future. Your editor(s) do the rest. I want to truly feel like a part of the community of Forgotten realms/Dragonlance. Also, I want my money's worth. That has not been the case for awhile now.
My money's worth can be had by allowing the creation of a web page that lists all current 3.5 version character stats for all personages, both protagonists and antagonists, from the Forgotten realms/Dragonlance novels and rpg products. In other words, I want more fluff and crunch - NOT rehashes of previously published material.

4. A forgotten realms comic book series should be published anew. Has great potential!

5. A card trading game a la spellfire or magic: the gathering would be nice.

6. A Bane trilogy for the forgotten realms is grossly overdue.

7. The War of the Spider Queen series for the forgotten realms was a success, other novels showcasing antagonists as main characters should be encouraged.

8. Playtester opportunites should be allowed from other parts of the USA, not only Seattle, WA. area.

I realize I come off as decidedly rude and arrogant - but guess what?We do live in Bush's time! It's all the rave.

Edited by - Alaundo on 04 Sep 2004 10:21:49
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2004 :  21:53:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad
I made a comment that all updates to the novel area of the site should also be announced on the D&D\FR etc home pages too as its easy to miss new articles and downloads.

I knew it was too early for me to be taking a survey. I totally forgot that point. Thank you for making a mention of it.
Go to Top of Page

Moonharp
Acolyte

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  01:04:50  Show Profile  Visit Moonharp's Homepage Send Moonharp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A rather thorough survey... almost you would think they are trying to frame you . I was fairly nice to them - gave them high ratings (perhaps that was because I was eating a cake at the time, heh) - though I did request they could have sum-ups after each week of the new things that have appeared there, just to ease it for the less-visiting surfers.

Moonharp the Marvelous

Edited by - Moonharp on 05 Sep 2004 01:06:07
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  04:05:47  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked for a series similar to the articles posted on other parts of the website focusing on specific worlds published by WOTC. The series would instead be SHORT STORIES! These could be unpublished author material, missing chapters, new author submissions, or established author works when their new novels are due to be released. Just give us something to read on a novels page similar to what they want us to purchase in the stores!
Just an idea.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Moonharp
Acolyte

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  04:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Moonharp's Homepage Send Moonharp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

I asked for a series similar to the articles posted on other parts of the website focusing on specific worlds published by WOTC. The series would instead be SHORT STORIES! These could be unpublished author material, missing chapters, new author submissions, or established author works when their new novels are due to be released. Just give us something to read on a novels page similar to what they want us to purchase in the stores!
Just an idea.

Good idea, Hammer... Though the Wizards do give out "Sample Chapters" there could be more actual written work... And not only previews, but perhaps just the doodlings on paper that authors have written in their pasts - it would be interesting to read their beginnings.

Moonharp the Marvelous
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  21:03:44  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know I really wanted to blast them about the whole novel thing on the survey,but I figured why beat a dead horse.So I pretty much asked for the same things that were asked by most of you.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Jabbakuk
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  21:41:22  Show Profile  Visit Jabbakuk's Homepage Send Jabbakuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A worldwide boycott of ALL Wotc products is in order. Such intrasigent behavior from the powers that be has gone on long enough and s/b castigated, humiliated and thrown down to begin anew. They should realize that we are their livelihood and their well-being exists only thanks to our goodwill.

So let us unite my brothers and purge ourselves of all the abominable influences of the Bitch-Queen of Mamnon!!!
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  22:34:51  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, OK. And your reasons for a boycott are?
I've been through a lot with Dungeons & Dragons, TSR, WoTC, and everything in-between. What WoTC does is no better, or no worse, than what has come before. Different yes. They put out some products that are questionable, but overall I don't have a beef with them. I've bought independent publisher material, and some of it is good and some not. If you were to tell me that their editors and writers have gone berserk and started killing people on the street I might take a dim view of them(I'd probably ask you how much experience they got first), so, please, tell me what offense against the gods and nature WoTC has wrought so I too may join the revolution!

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000