Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings to thee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lauzoril
Seeker

Finland
71 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  11:27:02  Show Profile  Visit Lauzoril's Homepage Send Lauzoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi everyone. Having left the WOTC boards, I've now found my way to Candlekeep. This place already feels more in touch with the matter at hand than the place I left. I'm familiar with FR by the way of Novels and reading the supplement books. I've never played the RPG itself but I still enjoy the Realms in other ways.

"Death to the enemies of Bane."

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  12:26:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Lauzoril, and welcome to these halls of knowledge that we call, "Candlekeep". There is much in the way of Realmslore here. And, we also enjoy many fountains of knowledge which burst forth with grand tales from the lands of Faerun.

Please partake of the numerous scrolls on offer, and relish in the knowledge that your learning here, will be free and unfettered.

To the Realmslore...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  13:03:33  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard. Don't worry about gaming experience. Many of the sages here came to the Realms through the novels.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  13:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Lauzoril!

Candlekeep is a safe haven for numerous refugees of knowledge these days. Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions.

Tethtoril

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Yoshimo
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  14:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Yoshimo's Homepage Send Yoshimo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So des na? Welcome, from the eastern continent of Kara-Tur! I am Yoshimo. I began my own membership Jun 04 and I feel that I am welcomed with open arms. This is the place to have fun! To enjoy what others have worked so hard to build for us!

May the light of Selune light your path and Olidammara guide your footsteps ~Shadow Thief Motto
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  15:45:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

You'll likely see some familiar faces here. I am one of the refugees from the WotC pages, and I know some others that migrate back and forth between the two sites...

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  18:38:10  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And many of us return to the WOTC boards to try to learn more, but mostly to see why we are thankful for Candlekeep.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  21:45:56  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well welcome to Candlekeep dear Lauzoril. May your stay be pleasant as long as you choose to stay.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Lauzoril
Seeker

Finland
71 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2004 :  22:41:35  Show Profile  Visit Lauzoril's Homepage Send Lauzoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you all kindly for your welcome. I plan to travel in these halls for as long as they stand.

"Death to the enemies of Bane."
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  17:25:26  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope you do Lauzoril

Welcome, enjoy the stay. But, actually, i'm sure you will.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000