Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Alaundo's Getting Married
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  17:18:10  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
All,

Just wanted to let you know that Alaundo is getting hitched this coming weekend, so could you all please join with me in wishing him the best for the future.

I hope his wife will be able to cope with the miserable, bearded one!!

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  17:39:07  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Alaundo!

Wait... getting hitched isn't going to affect the Seer's divination abilities, right?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  18:11:47  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have a nice ceremony alaundo, that the blessings of Flar comes upon your union and fills your life with happiness and fortune.

BE HAPPY AND ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE WISE MODERATOR OF THE SCRIBES.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Fireheart
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  19:38:26  Show Profile Send Fireheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

May Tymora and Sune bless your marriage with good luck and much joy!

Blessed Be.
~Fireheart

I believe in what I see/I believe in what I hear/I believe that what I'm feeling/Changes how the world appears
-Rush "Totem"
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  21:23:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope he doesn't lose his head after the wedding...... Okay that was bad and I apoligize!

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  00:17:07  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Mr. Alaundo... Theyre could be an even more powerfull force then the Staff of the Irritated Moderator now its... The Wife of the Irritated Moderator

Hehe j/k Hope you have a good ceremonie
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  01:01:52  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Alaundo, let's hope the woman doesn't cloud your divinations as women are known to do

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  01:03:09  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*imagines all kinds of little Alaundo's making mischief around the library*

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  01:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What!

You mean No one told Alaundo that Clerics of Oghma have to be Celebet!

Congrats Alaundo

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  02:59:43  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always thought that the good Alaundo was favoured by Savras the Seer and not Oghma

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Chyron
Learned Scribe

Hong Kong
279 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  03:15:30  Show Profile  Visit Chyron's Homepage Send Chyron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The road of life is less dangerous when traveled together with a companion. May the grace of Helmˇ¦s protection keep you both safe on this new path of adventure.

Just My Thoughts
Chyron :)

Go to Top of Page

Veszaun Auvryath
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  03:28:20  Show Profile  Visit Veszaun Auvryath's Homepage Send Veszaun Auvryath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have my most heartfelt condolences...er, I mean, hearty congratulations and best wishes, Alaundo

"You scoff at the notion of a drow Bladesinger? My, my. How very foolish of you to believe that the Ilythiiri did not possess the secrets of the Bladesong in ages long past. A select few of us have carried a twisted rendition of the 'Song down through the generations. Now, bearing that in mind, will you wipe that ridiculous look of incredulity from your face, or must the keen edge of my blade do it for you?"
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  06:01:01  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
May Sharindlar oversee your honeymoon! Don't get too drunk at the reception though: otherwise even Sharindlar won't be able to help in th.. ahem...
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  09:42:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My most heartfelt congratulations. As someone who has travelled down that particular road, all I can say is, "Smile and enjoy the ride!"

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Purple_Faerie Goddess
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  23:10:30  Show Profile  Visit Purple_Faerie Goddess's Homepage Send Purple_Faerie Goddess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Alaundo. I shall keep watch over you both. After all I am a Goddess. Blessed be to both of you.

Purple_Faerie Goddess

'May all your days be filled with faery magick.'
'It wasn't me, I swear.'
'There is neither evil or good. There is only me.'
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  04:57:53  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to dampen well-deserved enthusiasm, but is it really necessary to have three scrolls on the same topic?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  11:48:11  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well some people give three hip hips, candlekeep gives three threads

Besides, since we're congratulating him, it would be in bad taste to chastise us, therefore, use the opportunity while it lasts I say

Best wishes, and heartfelt congratulations Alaundo, may God grant you both joy and fulfilment in your chosen lives.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  14:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye Bookwyrm, you have the right of it.

Buit as the celebration overtook the boards, some things passed unhindered. As it is dying off now, there is no need to fret.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  14:55:06  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Alaundo. May the blessings of Mystra be with you and you new better half.

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  22:36:10  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your mate's not a drow is it?* coughs *Yeah... I don't think Lloth would like that. Yeah...,you would probably find yourself in Abyss very quickly.

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2004 :  12:45:30  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry bookwyrm!

As my duty as best man to the almighty Alaundo, I thought I would drop a post on here, and then the sage himself told me that he had done one somewhere else.

The wedding went like clockwork, as was obviously forseen.

This time however I did not kill anyone, in an attempt to steal the bride!

I must be getting soft in my (VERY) old age!

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2004 :  18:37:59  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Belated congradulations, Alaundo!

Lysander
Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  04:02:15  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry it's belated, but my congratulations to you Alaundo, may happiness find you both in the most unexpected times and places.

Karesch

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  21:10:48  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  02:17:13  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats and Good Luck Alaundo!!!!!

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  10:32:18  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Late, but the thought is still there. Congrats and Good Luck!

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  10:50:43  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I've already expressed my well wishes for Alaundo's marriage elsewhere, I'll simply take this opportunity to ask a question -

Does anyone know when Alaundo could possibly return to Candlekeep?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  11:03:16  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Since I've already expressed my well wishes for Alaundo's marriage elsewhere, I'll simply take this opportunity to ask a question -

Good question Lady Kazandra i was asking miself the same....

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  15:30:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Well met

Indeed, my dear Lady Kazandra.... I have returned

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 25 Jun 2004 15:34:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic