Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 I have returned...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  03:20:54  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have returned... What more is there to say?

Exams are finally over, and I recently started playing Neverwinter Nights again... If you play Multiplayer, maybe you've seen me. My username is Xx-HÃÑÐÛI£-xX. On a different note, I see many faces that I recognize, and many more that I do not. I look forward to meeting all those new to Candlekeep. Seeing as I haven't logged on to the site in about a month and a half, I suppose it's time I got back to work...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  03:36:46  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah welcome back Shadowlord, I hope your journey have been bared fruit. Some new lore from distant lands to share perhaps?

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  04:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

Exams are finally over, and I recently started playing Neverwinter Nights again... If you play Multiplayer, maybe you've seen me. My username is Xx-HÃÑÐÛI£-xX. On a different note, I see many faces that I recognize, and many more that I do not. I look forward to meeting all those new to Candlekeep. Seeing as I haven't logged on to the site in about a month and a half, I suppose it's time I got back to work...

Welcome back, although, no, I have not seen you in NWN, for reasons you already know...A new project has begun, which you may have some interest in.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  04:16:40  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back to the halls, Shadowlord.

Much lore is accumulating and awaits your review.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  08:44:30  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goody! Me sees boss-o-shadows is beings back. This good! Thinking that Boss-O-Shadows raid go plop and he run away like frightened kobold. Still, nicey nice to see back in Stonefort-of-nightlight.

Indeed. Tis good to see thee back in these halls our friend. Thou must surely tell us of thy quest over a cup of fine Terran Brandy. As soon as we are finished with our bit of buisness at the Inn.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  08:48:56  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Shadowlord.

::passes Shadowlord a flagon of ale::

My oh my, you have a lot of lore to catch up on

::then passes Shadowlord a heavy-duty quill and reading glasses::

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  13:18:23  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Shadowlord, if i'm not wrong i'm one of the new faces you don't recognize, I'm Gion- Shaped-shifter of the Darmoreik forest. Pleased tm meet ye.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  14:47:56  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Abandoning your studies to, uh, study. Alaundo may want to institute these "exams" you speak of.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  01:05:55  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back my friend! I trust you did well on your exams? Well enough if you could pull away from NWN to study

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  03:02:58  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eh, well enough, friend Wood Elf, well enough...

Indeed, Gion, 'tis true I do not recognize ye, but that can be changed soon enough.

Ah, thank ye for letting me know of this new project, Arivia. It seems as though I have much to catch up on.
On another note, I found my manuals and no longer have any need of your CD-Keys.

Now, my only regret is that I'll have a stack of papers on my scribes desk to match the height of Elminster's Tower!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.

Edited by - Shadowlord on 04 Jun 2004 03:06:35
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  03:16:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Now, my only regret is that I'll have a stack of papers on my scribes desk to match the height of Elminster's Tower!

Loviatar's lunchbox, you got off light!

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  10:26:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What... You've been away...

I'm just kidding of course . Welcome back to the halls of knowledge, Shadowlord. You have been sorely missed...

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Narad Bladesinger
Learned Scribe

Finland
170 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  14:01:28  Show Profile  Visit Narad Bladesinger's Homepage Send Narad Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Shadowlord!
Since you left the days have just been too bright
Go to Top of Page

Yoshimo
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  19:15:00  Show Profile  Visit Yoshimo's Homepage Send Yoshimo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So des na? Fleet of foot and all dat. *Yoshimo bows elegantly* I am Yoshimo, perhaps you have heard of my exploits througout the realms? No? Well, I reside amongst the tapestries of these fine halls. I am greeted every day with the smell of dusty tomes which I keep a fine eye on... Never does a bounty hunter want to take his eyes from something so priceless. Well met. I am glad you grace us with your presence. From Kara-Tur, I call you friend.

May the light of Selune light your path and Olidammara guide your footsteps ~Shadow Thief Motto

Edited by - Yoshimo on 05 Jun 2004 19:15:59
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  20:03:39  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, my welcome home has been quite refreshing...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must retire to Alaundo's Wine Cellar, err, I mean, my quarters.

Actually, I'm thinking of a name change... Too long has the Shadowlord tarried with the powers of darkness... I wonder if I could acquire one of the Sage's Alter Self scrolls. He must keep some lying around here somewhere. It might be interesting to be an Tiefling Paladin/Champion of Torm...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  21:35:10  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Indeed, my welcome home has been quite refreshing...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must retire to Alaundo's Wine Cellar, err, I mean, my quarters.

Actually, I'm thinking of a name change... Too long has the Shadowlord tarried with the powers of darkness... I wonder if I could acquire one of the Sage's Alter Self scrolls. He must keep some lying around here somewhere. It might be interesting to be an Tiefling Paladin/Champion of Torm...

Aye Alaundo keeps a few of them about. But he has yet to tell me where. I fear you will have to wait until his return. Of course after his nuptials it may be hard to get his attention for awhile.

Tethtoril

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  22:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's quite alright, Tethoril.
And by the way, spend some time with this drow, and I guarantee you'll find all the Wine Cellars in Candlekeep. Alaundo keeps his best behind in the secret room behind the tapestry in his chambers...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Gothmog
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2004 :  12:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Gothmog's Homepage Send Gothmog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Shadowlord.
And I have a question about your avatar.
Ýs this the picture of Leevoth?

Anar Caluva Tielyanna
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  06:16:23  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to see you back ShadowLord. I had wondered where you disapeared off to...

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000