Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dragons and dragon lairs in 1344 DR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Memmorath
Acolyte

Finland
11 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2024 :  16:40:28  Show Profile Send Memmorath a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello! I'm trying to find information on dragons and dragon lair locations around Thay in 1344 DR. I'm running a game set in Thay and was wondering if there are any canonical dragon lairs around the area? Any color of dragon will do, but I am most interested to learn if there are any red dragons.

The rough area would be: Aglarond, Thay, Thesk, Rashemen, Narfell, Mulhorand, Unther, Chessenta, etc.

Thank you for any help or guidance!

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2474 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2024 :  05:20:33  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From memory only:

Threskel:
-Alasklerbanbastos (blue dracolich)
-Jaxanaedegor (green vampire)

Chessenta:
-Tchazzar (red; IIRC, he was still hiding at this point)
-Vairshekellabex (grey)

Unther:
-Antasillix (green, young)
-Guyanotaz (red)
-Maldraedior (blue)
-Skuthosiin (green)

Mulhorand:
-Gestaniius (blue)

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Memmorath
Acolyte

Finland
11 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2024 :  10:44:26  Show Profile Send Memmorath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

From memory only:

Threskel:
-Alasklerbanbastos (blue dracolich)
-Jaxanaedegor (green vampire)

Chessenta:
-Tchazzar (red; IIRC, he was still hiding at this point)
-Vairshekellabex (grey)

Unther:
-Antasillix (green, young)
-Guyanotaz (red)
-Maldraedior (blue)
-Skuthosiin (green)

Mulhorand:
-Gestaniius (blue)

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11817 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2024 :  19:54:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Information on Maldraedior can be found in the first edition draconomicon, where he's referred to as "The Millenium Dragon" and is worshipped in the village of Dalath. Maldraedior is the last true worshiper of a draconic demipower, Kalzareinad, minor deity of draconic magic (Neutral [Evil]).

Maldraedior lives in a temple complex beneath the streets of Dalath, a mining town some 40 miles north of the eastern part of the Smoking Mountains of Unther. The existence of this temple is a carefully guarded secret. Maldraedior has lived within it for nearly 3,000 years, and during this time he has been served by members of two families - the Ramahiresh and Kalmarak families.

These folk regard the dragon as a deity, and serve him faithfully and fanatically. A father will bring his son to the Great Chamber (area 13 on the map) when he reaches the age of maturity, to be presented to Maldraedior, and the combination of the dragon's fear and awe effects (and use of charm person spells) make the impressionable youth a devoted servant of the wyrm.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Memmorath
Acolyte

Finland
11 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2024 :  22:27:44  Show Profile Send Memmorath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dunno how I entirely missed Draconomicon, thanks for the heads up! I'll see if I can find the old one on dmsguild or something. Much appreciated!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000