Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Gen Con 2024
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2024 :  13:10:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
For those attending, the Gen Con event calendar of now out. Whatever happens, don’t do a search for “Boyd”.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2024 :  15:47:06  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Whatever happens, don’t do a search for “Boyd”.

— George Krashos

Why's that?

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2024 :  19:25:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

quote:

— George Krashos

Why's that?

Because he's afraid you'll find the seminar entitled "Why George is wrong and Eric is right." It's happening. George's only hope is that no one shows up.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2024 :  22:56:01  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You two do not appear to play well together. Must be the age thing.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2024 :  09:44:23  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

You two do not appear to play well together. Must be the age thing.

I think it's more of a good-natured "rivalry" than an actual "enmity"!
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2024 :  23:00:43  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
Because he's afraid you'll find the seminar entitled "Why George is wrong and Eric is right." It's happening. George's only hope is that no one shows up.

Oh, Mr. Boyd! Hello there. Love a lot of your past works with sourcebooks.

Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 07 May 2024 23:01:25
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2024 :  19:16:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was planning on going this year... But then last year happened and brought a lot of challenges. I was still going to try for this year, but my buddy that I split expenses with for GenCon has his own challenges this year and shan't be able to go... So what would have been a hard sell, to my wife, becomes impossible.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2024 :  15:47:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

quote:

— George Krashos

Why's that?

Um, there will be video recorded, correct? I mean, seriously, this must happen.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2024 :  01:22:09  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
99% unlikely I'll make it this year. Finances have been getting increasingly tight over the past 6 years. Don't know if I'll ever make it again.

Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1300 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2024 :  02:29:07  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is GeneralConvention of interest to us hobbyists chiefly interested in the "old school"?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2024 :  02:54:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Is GeneralConvention of interest to us hobbyists chiefly interested in the "old school"?

There is an insane amount to do and see, whilst there. I like to find games that I've never played before and try them out, and also to get in on a game or two that I never get a chance to play locally. And the dealers hall is very much guaranteed to strain your budget.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2024 :  15:18:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

I probably haven't been for ten years mind you, but the last time I went, I had a solid two days of just going from one vendor to another on the dealer's room floor .... and I bought so many prints that I have some on a shelf and I periodically swap out new pictures for the wall when I just get tired of seeing something old (and I probably have 25 gaming pictures on my walls already). That being said, I'm getting older and its a long way to travel, but I've been to about 4 or 5 gencons in my lifetime.

It was also very nice the last time I went to meet George and see a few other names I've seen over time. Sadly, I should know more of "who's who" with TSR / WotC but there's so many names that have come and gone over the years, and you often don't realize who did what in a product written by multiple people. But the names of the Lorehounds (Eric, Steven, George, Elaine, and of course Ed... ) tend to stick out over time. But every time I've gone, there's been some relevant realms meeting that I wanted to attend.

I remember for one GenCon in the late sometime around 2000, I made a bet with my coworkers, and said if I lost "I'll shave my head and go to gencon as a red wizard". I lost. SIX MONTHS LATER - They remembered and held me to it at lunch two days before I went, and got a cute waitress at the bar/restaurant we were eating at to agree to come back after hours to shave my head. I got SOOOO drunk that night, but it was probably one of the best team building experiences we ever had. Then I got to meet Elaine, Ed, Eric, and R.A. Salvatore on that trip.... and from my questions, one of them figured out who I was. Even better, it was when I think Powers and Pantheons was being released, and I spotted a reference to a Thayan bounty hunter named Savyels Aka'Pillihp. I was tickled to death.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 15 May 2024 15:25:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000