Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Ideal party for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Giant Snake
Seeker

78 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2024 :  23:34:28  Show Profile Send Giant Snake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The environs in the game are so good. I don’t understand why people consider Baldur’s Gate the better game.
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
283 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2024 :  09:29:18  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Giant Snake

The environs in the game are so good. I don’t understand why people consider Baldur’s Gate the better game.

BG1 is much less Linear than IWD. That's probably the reason.
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2024 :  23:28:53  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

quote:
Originally posted by Giant Snake

BG1 is much less Linear than IWD. That's probably the reason.

That, and it has more engaging characters (namely the various party members).

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Giant Snake
Seeker

78 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2024 :  06:30:54  Show Profile Send Giant Snake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best parts of Baldur’s Gate were the Durlag Tower and some other strange monsters. I don’t like the characters, really, and the intrigues of the plot are not hugely deep or appealing the way the ruins in Icewind Dale are.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000