Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Placing N1 module (Reptile God) on the Sword Coast
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greywolf76
Acolyte

Brazil
8 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2024 :  12:51:06  Show Profile Send Greywolf76 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, everyone.

I'm considering running N1 - Against the Cult of the Reptile God for my players very soon.

My campaign is based on the Sword Coast, more specifically in Daggerford around the Year of the Prince (1357 DR).

So, where do you think would be the best place to put Orlane in that region? Close to the Lizard Marsh would be the most obvious place, but I'd love to hear other suggestions.

Thanks, everyone.

GW

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2024 :  15:03:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric Boyd has mused to me that "Against the Cult of the Ghost Naga" would be set in Moorshadow Vale, a little known valley nestled between the northeastern cliffs of the High Moor and the depths of the Southwood. The southern end of the valley has the waters of Highstar lake cascade down Highstar falls to form the stagnant pools of the Moorfall Marsh, which serves as the headwaters of the swift-flowing Highmoorflow (also known as the Hark River). Orlane lies at the heart of the vale.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2024 :  22:55:55  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is so awesome Krash

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Greywolf76
Acolyte

Brazil
8 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2024 :  13:23:03  Show Profile Send Greywolf76 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Eric Boyd has mused to me that "Against the Cult of the Ghost Naga" would be set in Moorshadow Vale, a little known valley nestled between the northeastern cliffs of the High Moor and the depths of the Southwood. The southern end of the valley has the waters of Highstar lake cascade down Highstar falls to form the stagnant pools of the Moorfall Marsh, which serves as the headwaters of the swift-flowing Highmoorflow (also known as the Hark River). Orlane lies at the heart of the vale.

-- George Krashos

Thanks for the answer, Mr. Krashos.

Looking at my old 2e FR maps, the "Moorshadow Valley" seems a perfect region to place Orlane. Besides, my players will be around that region very soon (their next adventure will take them to South Wood), so it'd be easy to justify their going to Orlane.

Edited by - Greywolf76 on 07 Mar 2024 16:57:05
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2024 :  15:47:35  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm just passing on the thoughts of the God Statting Guy. I take no responsibility for the utility of his musings.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2024 :  21:43:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, I'm just passing on the thoughts of the God Statting Guy. I take no responsibility for the utility of his musings.

-- George Krashos

You two love to mess with each other don't you . It's nice to see.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2024 :  02:05:40  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are attacked by CR-inappropriate deity stat block. Roll for initiative.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 08 Mar 2024 02:09:43
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2024 :  14:05:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeing the incoming conflict between two great powers, the foolishly floating spellbook calling itself Sleyvas decides its best if he clears the battlefield

<deploys Summon Autognome Distraction hung spell> while dropping into the floor, changes form into a floating longsword, and begins silent prayers to the Red Knight and Deneir. Then in his mind, the sentient sai, Lorey Hisstory, whispers "See, I told you you are an idiot. After all this time, still getting involved in godly conflicts. Haven't you learned yet from all the help we gave Mystra to return her from the dead?".

All Sleyvas could think is "God I hate that damned sai. He may be right, but he doesn't have to say it. If my daughter by betrothal didn't favor him, I'd turn him into an even more useless weapon like a spoon or a knitting needle. I would say a quill pen, but he'd farruking like that. Oh well, let me transport from here before something goes immensely wrong." Picturing the planar library where he knew the weaveghost mage-priestess, Lady Jillian Doncastle, Glyphscribe of Deneir would be busily studying their latest conundrum, he prepared to cross the dimensional boundaries. He hoped he would survive the day, so that he might continue to serve the great grandchildren of the son whom he had long ago lost contact with, penance for an earlier life of cruel ambition and selfishness born of being raised in Thay.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Greywolf76
Acolyte

Brazil
8 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2024 :  20:02:55  Show Profile Send Greywolf76 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

In that case...

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

You are attacked by CR-inappropriate deity stat block. Roll for initiative.

Thank you for suggesting the Moorshadow Valley as a possible location for N1, Mr. Eric "God-Statting Guy" Boyd. Now I'm developing the area as a fertile region, with Orlane right in the middle of it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000