Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Sources re: the ancient green & dark elves?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

varyar
Seeker

97 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2024 :  22:41:17  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I'm in the early stages of working on a possible historical sourcebook for the DMs Guild that focuses on the relatively narrow window of time between when the green and dark elves first traveled to Toril and when the gold and silver elf refugees from Tintageer appeared.

There's not much in the Grand History of the Realms except the approximate dates both groups arrived. Are there any other books that describe those ~2500 years in any detail, or is it pretty much 'make up whatever feels appropriate to the lore' territory?

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2024 :  00:17:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evermeet, Isle of Elves, novel could be a decent source

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

varyar
Seeker

97 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2024 :  00:50:20  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll check that out - I have a copy somewhere around here. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2024 :  09:03:12  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George and I put some more detail into the latest version of Under Illefarn Anew.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

varyar
Seeker

97 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2024 :  11:04:26  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you - checking it out as we speak!
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2384 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2024 :  13:12:44  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of the sourcebooks, there are Evermeet and Cormanthyr.
But there's indeed some lore in novels.
And many small treats from Greenwood himself. Specifically on the ancient green & dark elves (...and how it all went downhill): in 2007 thread. Most of such scattered lore (including this bit) is compiled in "So saith Ed" files in the Keep archives. In PDF, so knowing your way around pdfgrep helps a lot.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 11 Jan 2024 13:14:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000