Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Renco
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  19:06:03  Show Profile  Visit Renco's Homepage Send Renco a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey Guys & Gals!!

I'm a bit new to the lore of FR, but im trying to learn fast and this place seems like a fantastic site for learning all about it.

Glad to see that there is somewhere for all the people who prefer the fluff over never-ending stats

Renco

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  19:18:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Renco
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  19:30:22  Show Profile  Visit Renco's Homepage Send Renco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome Rupert!!

Forgot to mention that i got my introduction to FR through the Bioware/Black Isle CRPGs (oh, and Eye of the Beholder II on the Amiga! ). I think i was one of the only people who actually sat and read the books within the game rather than go around killing monsters )

Renco
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  20:03:41  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's wrong with killing the monsters?
Welcome Renco!

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Renco
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  20:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Renco's Homepage Send Renco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, nothing is wrong with killing the monsters, and many i have killed. I was just saying i dont think too many people would stop to read the books first

Renco
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  23:42:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Renco, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Oh you're sure to find much fluff herein. The cleaners around here have been slacking of late

Indeed, much Realmslore can be found within these halls, I hope you enjoy your never-ending search for knowledge here in the library.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  13:25:46  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Renco! And I should tell you - the guilty pleasures of reading BG:II in-game books has been taken to new heights within these walls. Specifically - by me!

Read this thread: http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1826

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Renco
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  15:13:43  Show Profile  Visit Renco's Homepage Send Renco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again for the greetings

Sarelle - im like that too, i took the book texts out of the game with an editor (Gatekeeper i think) and put them into a Word doc for easier reading

Im glad Black Isle put some background into the games, most RPGs dont bother and its a shame for people who are interested in the worlds as well as the games!!

Renco
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000