Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Brimstone Angels series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2023 :  11:27:37  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've really like the Brimstone Angels book series, it's funny how the two Tieflings sisters talk to each other and interact with the FR world.

The book themselves are hard to get brand new without shelling out alopt of cash, I want to get the complete series.

LW

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2023 :  17:11:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
have you looked into virtual books?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2023 :  17:36:52  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well were would I get these vitual books of this series?,

LW
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2023 :  19:39:56  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can buy electronic books from any online bookseller. But you will have to have an electronic book reader to read them (they are known as "eReaders"). Here are some of the eReaders out there, https://buyersguide.org/e-readers/t/best?msclkid=040a60bf1d511a4e9b69040dfb8a9f2f&m=e&d=c&c=84937820614557&oid=kwd-84937625968329:loc-4089&qs=e%20readers%20compared&lp=72492&li=&nw=o&nts=1&tdid=8885974
Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2023 :  03:14:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or use an app and read them on a smartphone or tablet. I've never bothered with a separate ereader -- why get a device that does just one thing when I can get a device that does that one thing and a lot more?

I get all of my eBooks through Kindle or Google Play, or occasionally from sites like DriveThruFiction.com or the Catalyst web store. There's also this site Bookbub that will send daily emails on discounted eBooks.

I read all of my eBooks either through the Kindle app (which is free) or through the Play Books app (also free; note that I use only Android devices for mobile stuff). Books that I buy from something other than those two sources I make sure I get in epub format so I can read them in the Play Books app.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2023 :  11:54:23  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I prefer Hardcopy of this book series, which it seems hard to find and very costly.

LW
Go to Top of Page

Erikor
Seeker

Norway
60 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2023 :  20:16:59  Show Profile Send Erikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LWhitehead1

I prefer Hardcopy of this book series, which it seems hard to find and very costly.

LW

Please post it if you find the books in hardcopy for a reasonable price. I would like them as well.
Go to Top of Page

Shardnax
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2023 :  21:09:52  Show Profile Send Shardnax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those prices are nuts. I'm glad I gave up on having a complete FR library.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Or use an app and read them on a smartphone or tablet. I've never bothered with a separate ereader -- why get a device that does just one thing when I can get a device that does that one thing and a lot more?

I get all of my eBooks through Kindle or Google Play, or occasionally from sites like DriveThruFiction.com or the Catalyst web store. There's also this site Bookbub that will send daily emails on discounted eBooks.

I read all of my eBooks either through the Kindle app (which is free) or through the Play Books app (also free; note that I use only Android devices for mobile stuff). Books that I buy from something other than those two sources I make sure I get in epub format so I can read them in the Play Books app.

A nicer reading experience. The screen is designed for the purpose and battery life is incomparable. No or minimal distractions either if one is prone to such things. I can see how it would be hard to justify, especially with the pricier models.

Edited by - Shardnax on 18 Jul 2023 21:11:02
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2023 :  23:00:44  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love my ebook reader - it is much easier on the eyes than trying to read a whole novel off a smart phone. Battery life is months and months. It is waterproof for the bath.

My only issue is that some of the older Realms books can be impossible to find legit ways to buy them in the UK where I live. Although I haven't tried in a while, maybe it's easier to buy them now?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2023 :  02:14:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read some ebooks on my phone, but I usually read them on tablets. And that was what I was talking about -- I can use a tablet that does other things, or something that's essentially a stripped-down tablet that does one thing.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BileDemon
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2023 :  12:13:50  Show Profile Send BileDemon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked the Brimstone Angle series. Tieflings as heroes for a change - yes, why not? Only thing I didnīt like that sometimes it got a bit too emitional like in a teenage novel. But overall these are some nice adventures.

I find it more comfortable for the eyes to read book on my Windows tablet. Itīs also handy to look up words or stuff on the FR fandom in a browser.
Another issue is room. Where should all these books be stored? And some paper has the problem to degrade over time(with too much acid used). A problem that ebooks donīt have.

Edited by - BileDemon on 21 Jul 2023 13:06:38
Go to Top of Page

Faidh Skuld
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2023 :  20:02:55  Show Profile Send Faidh Skuld a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved the Brimstone Angels series, but had to read them on Kindle. The books themselves are so expensive. But definitely one of the best FR series.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000