Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Geographical Subdivisions of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zyzzyva
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2023 :  23:01:20  Show Profile Send zyzzyva a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all--am considering how to organize a list of references for a FR bibliography of sorts, and settled on starting with a general geographical breakdown of the realms into Continents/Regions/Sub-Regions. So far have only the most general organization, but want to make sure I have that as a firm foundation before I get into anything more granular.

It's available as a google doc here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_iLv6b80hAjBtTLqrj8xhJlOpPd6eqC3wbbP0j45HpY/edit

If you have the time, I'd really appreciate any eyes to make sure I'm not missing something obvious or miscategorizing something (I have no idea where Impiltur should be sorted, for instance.) Thanks!

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2023 :  03:20:25  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the 1e-3E campaign settings set subdivisions and were pretty consistent, similar but a little different than yours. 3E Underdark created (also in 4E FRCG) created Underdark subdivisions geographically rather than by depth.
Go to Top of Page

zyzzyva
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2023 :  04:47:07  Show Profile Send zyzzyva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I'm mostly going on a combination of the 3e campaign setting books and the general organization used on the wiki, but there are a few places where what I was pulling felt fairly ambiguous (esp. in the north, hence above hand-wringing about Impiltur.) Will look back at some of the earlier sourcebooks and see if that clarifies some of the less defined regions for me.

Also had forgotten about the geographic Underdark divisions, hadn't considered the 4e sourcebooks though, so will take a gander at those as well!
Go to Top of Page

Karthak
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2023 :  09:46:30  Show Profile Send Karthak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at a map of the area that Impiltur's in, I'd add it to the Eastern Heartlands section as it's connected to the same landmass as The Vast and the waters between it and Thesk make for a good cutoff point compared to awkwardly dividing the landmass into two regions along the Earthspur Mountains, especially with Narfell/Rawlinswood being to the immediate north to cut off the Eastern Heartlands in that direction.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000