Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 D&D source books for War of the Roses homebrew
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2022 :  11:31:07  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi I need D&D source books including 5th version for a War of Roses homebrew D&D setting,

I'm not taking the money and run with this setting,

LW

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2022 :  15:55:43  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you plan on doing unit level combat (squad/company/army)? I haven't heard if 5e has that released yet. In 2e, there was the Battle System release to handle resolving unit level combat (including the effects of magic and monsters on combat at that scale).

Edit: Another option to handle mass combat is to use, if you can find it, the Kingmaker board game. It was a strategy game about the War of the Roses. That way, you can have your PCs affect specific battles and turn the tide for their side in the overall war. You can also have them have to deal with any bad results from battles they were not there for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingmaker_(board_game)

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 03 Oct 2022 19:10:50
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2022 :  19:58:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's 5E, but there is A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying RPG from Green Ronin. That whole story was a takeoff of the War of the Roses.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2022 :  05:48:31  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I know about Song of Ice and Fire world setting, also the Fantasy novel series Crown of Seven Stars was also inspire by War of the Roses, The Green Ronin A song of Ice and Fire RPG differs offically from the world setting I don't know how.

This world main form of setting is conflict, were Dragonlance is Balance. Conflict can be used for force of Good, but mostly it's Chaos.

LW
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2022 :  06:46:25  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also Birthright
Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2022 :  05:37:03  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Birthright ok then, what about the kits from A Mighty Fortress any of them useful for this timeframe?.

What 5th D&D book can help me out as well?,

LW

Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2022 :  14:51:33  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aside of why would you want 5e for anything new at all... why would you want any D&D for... War of Roses?
Except maybe Players Options, which at least curbed the whole "padded sumo" thing.
Did you ever see Riddle of Steel? Or d100 Warhammer RP series?
Either of those seems a far better fit for cold steel centered adventures, both in basic mechanics and in detailed approach to the right sorts of things.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000