Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite City
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2003 :  15:45:31  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*gasp!* Oh okay!!! That place. the place with the really nice music that I have yet to get past! (That's only because I haven't played the game in so long. I think I was stuck on all the caves and such with the skeletons and the tundra yeti....I can't remember for sure. I need to go back and play it again. *idea* spring break is this week...heh...I can play it then! )

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  00:30:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, now that looks nice and peaceful. A bit cold though.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  21:25:21  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I this place the druids that leave there keep a micro weather that makes like if it was summer. Green grass, birds,...
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2003 :  13:28:18  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Menzoberranzan. Call me biased, but I just think that it's a great city, even tho Malice doesn't have many happy memories there...

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  05:41:05  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the drow do have an interesting sense of asthetics, and I'd love to see city like that. Spiderweb bridges, magical light sculptures, mansions carved out of giant rock formations.

Wouldn't want to stay with the inhabitants for very long. Not even as the persona I use here. They couldn't do much against a mithril dragon sorcerer-mage (and epic-level in both classes -- hey, it's an online persona, I don't have to be realistic! ) but the people wouldn't be very friendly.

Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to stay overnight.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  06:30:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually keeping with the Drow city theme, the recent exposure the city of Ched Nasad has received has made quite an impression on me. I have always been interested in the intricacies of Drow architecture, and while Menzoberranzan has probably always been my favorite Drow city, Ched Nasad would seem to come in at a close second.

May your learning be free and unfettered

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 03 Jun 2003 06:30:55
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  16:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it, because it's soo different from my own home, you know? Everyone loves what they dont have.

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2003 :  00:04:15  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malice

I like it, because it's soo different from my own home, you know? Everyone loves what they dont have.

Exactly! And I don't have any Drow females around me which is why I probably LOVE them so much!

(actually my ex girlfriend for one halloween party actually went as a Dark Elf, and she did the make up VERY WELL, She has training as a (performing makeupartist), but left her hair Natural (Red). Needless to say, I was enjoying that party)

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2003 :  16:32:19  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade
Exactly! And I don't have any Drow females around me which is why I probably LOVE them so much!

(actually my ex girlfriend for one halloween party actually went as a Dark Elf, and she did the make up VERY WELL, She has training as a (performing makeupartist), but left her hair Natural (Red). Needless to say, I was enjoying that party)

I love the fact that the females in most Drow cities have all the power, and the males have to do whatever they want them to.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000