Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Dungeon-creation software?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2022 :  21:49:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was doing a bit of Googling for something else, and I found this software Dungeondraft, which the video makes look really awesome and easy to use.

Before dropping money on it without being able to try it, though, I thought I'd ask if anyone had used this software in the past, and/or if there were other suggestions for dungeon-creation software. I saw another one called AutoREALM, but it's an older program that's not been updated in years, and the IT person in me cringes at things like that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 23 Jul 2022 21:49:57

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2022 :  22:15:42  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've used Campaign Cartographer for a number of years, but I still get bogged down in some of the minutiae of the software, since it feels like CAD type of stuff. There's a lot of drag and drop, and Mike Schley has done clip-art for it, but it isn't all the intuitive to use.

This looks way more intuitive and the price point is way lower than CC3. I'm very intrigued as well.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Palant
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2022 :  17:36:08  Show Profile Send Palant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use it.
I bought Dungeon Painter Studio, CC3+, tried some other software - but dungeondraft was a best.
It is simple to create fast - and has a lot of possibilities.
Also it has some problems - it use square grid, indexing of assets can take time, and i not recommend to create maps as 2000 ft x 2000 ft - better split to parts
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2022 :  20:11:48  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How well do you think it would do at a city map? I have CC3+ and there is quite a lot of overhead to get things done in it.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2022 :  15:16:43  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

How well do you think it would do at a city map? I have CC3+ and there is quite a lot of overhead to get things done in it.

It sounds like a dungeon only thing, not a city thing. Betting there isn't graphics for cities. Very much could be wrong.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2022 :  16:27:46  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

It sounds like a dungeon only thing, not a city thing. Betting there isn't graphics for cities. Very much could be wrong.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking but I had to ask. I may have to just go ahead and drop a few hundred bucks and get it professionally done. The problem is the expenditure is large enough that it needs to get approval from the family budget board.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000