Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Sembia as of 1492 DR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vaughn Javreau
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2021 :  17:41:14  Show Profile Send Vaughn Javreau a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail and well met Sages,
I'm having a bit of trouble finding concise information surrounding Sembia (post second sundering). What happened to the polity(or polities) that pledged loyalty to the Shadovar? Were there any events which would change the landscape (political, religious, economic, or geographical) of Sembia. Any information is appreciated!

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2021 :  18:49:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not having the Shadovar to deal with would be a major change.

I personally think Sembia would be quick to go back to something like they had before Shade.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2021 :  18:52:47  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Wooly. The SCAG includes this about Sembia:

"Following a period of subjugation at the hands of Netheril, Sembia is already on its way to becoming the economic power it was in prior years."

I would say that they would be going to back to their old ways. Merchants tend to like stability so order would be restored/imposed quickly. Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be underhanded dealings going on behind the scenes. It IS Sembia.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000