Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lore Check: Shami-Amourae, Lady of Delights
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pitiless_One
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2020 :  14:55:02  Show Profile Send Pitiless_One a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was doing some research on Vestiges for my campaign and I want to try not to contradict established Canon in this imagining of events.

For Shami-amourae I am referencing Fiendish Codex 1: Hordes of the Abyss and Dungeon #148, existing as a vestige as in she was not released in that campaign. I am also referencing lore regarding Pale Night, The Court of Stars, Ascodel, and the story of Androlynne from the same Fiendish Codex 1.

In addition, I am referencing the Prince of Frost from Dragon #374.

My idea

During the struggle for recognition between Shami-Amourae and Malcanthet to be named Queen of the Succubi, Shami-Amourae and Pale Night came up with a plan to turn the tides against the Eladrin. She succeeds in seducing Ascodel and bearing his children (her name is literally phonetic spelling of foolish/stupid love in Italian, Scema Amore). The pact he makes with Pale Night is to save his progeny from the horrors of the Abyss leading to Androlynne. He trades (intentional or not) some eladrin children to save his own, placing them in a pocket dimension connected either the Feywild or Court of Stars, but separate to protect them and spare Morwel any embarassment.

Malcanthet at some point notifies Demogorgon of Shami's double dealing, resulting in her imprisonment in the Wells of Darkness and Malcanthet being made Queen.

Some time later, these children are known as the Daughters of Delight, beautiful and members of the court but somehow separate. One of these daughters is Sharaea of the Prince of Frost origin. Discontented, adventurous, and ultimately destined to betray the Sun Prince, maybe for the right reasons but perhaps influenced by her bloodline.

I think it makes enough sense for Titania to want to marry her son off to the offspring of Ascodel, these incredibly beautiful and somewhat exotic ladies.

My desire is to tie the Vestige Shami-Amourae to the Fey Court and the Seldarine through an elf in the present age who carries Sharaea's soul and is slowly learning her story during trance.

Does it make sense for the Eladrin to cover up these half-breed children and keep it a secret, especially after Ascodel basically died trying to fix it?

Is there anything here potentially contradictory or that I should delve deeper into?

When an animal looks up at the night sky, what does it see? Thousands and thousands of tiny points. Then a man looks up at the same points and sees millions of stars. Galaxies, within which are billions of planets.
Do you want to know what I see? Were you there, when I created the stars?
No.
Space? Time?
No!
But still, you think you deserve understanding.

Edited by - Pitiless_One on 31 Oct 2020 15:12:14

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2020 :  16:42:49  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you delved into the Savage Tide adventure path (148 in Dungeon magazine I think) where Shami is freed from the Wells?

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Pitiless_One
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2020 :  21:02:49  Show Profile Send Pitiless_One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

Have you delved into the Savage Tide adventure path (148 in Dungeon magazine I think) where Shami is freed from the Wells?

It's listed in the sources I referenced, second sentence.

When an animal looks up at the night sky, what does it see? Thousands and thousands of tiny points. Then a man looks up at the same points and sees millions of stars. Galaxies, within which are billions of planets.
No.
Space? Time?
No!
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2020 :  00:24:54  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pitiless_One

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

It's listed in the sources I referenced, second sentence.

Ah yes. Sorry didn’t see that. From what I recall, she was released from the Wells (with some kind of snake thing from a molydeus implanted in her neck) and subsequently gave up Demogorgon’s secrets.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2020 :  21:08:41  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can we get a loose recap? I only know of Pale Night as a horrid abomination nightmare fuel obyrith-level entity. You're saying it actually engaged in frequent dealings with divine elven characters? That white-dress wearing abyssal horror is just full of surprises.

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

Pitiless_One
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2020 :  15:16:32  Show Profile Send Pitiless_One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PattPlays

Can we get a loose recap? I only know of Pale Night as a horrid abomination nightmare fuel obyrith-level entity. You're saying it actually engaged in frequent dealings with divine elven characters? That white-dress wearing abyssal horror is just full of surprises.

Details are very slim and I don't think frequent is the right word, but it does set a precedent.

Fiendish Codex I only states that she tricked Ascondel through "deception and magical manipulation" into agreeing to a pact in which she gained the the thing he was most concerned with - the safety of Eladrin children.

As a result she captured/chased thousands of them in a layer of the abyss called Androlynne, which was mostly inaccessible and full of horrible monsters that she had placed there. This event provoked action by multitudes of Celestial entities, which evolved into an all out war on that layer.

It isn't clear, but it seems that the she was ultimately successful in her goal of rediercting the eladrin forces they were fighting previously to a more contained region where tactics were more in the favor of the forces of the Abyss, but the additional Celestial agents assisting evened the playing field. It also seemd to have the effect of cooling the war in the long run. Ascodel himself died protecting the last of these eladrin children who had not died or been resuced, which at the time only numbered in the double digits.

No.
Space? Time?
No!

Edited by - Pitiless_One on 04 Nov 2020 15:18:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000