Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Rakiki : An early history in his own words
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11806 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  18:28:04  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just posted the story/model "Rakiki and the Teapot Fiend", and I had written up a document in openoffice with pictures for my DM that detailed Rakiki's early life and motivations after a few sessions of playing. It occurred to me that people here might just enjoy this.

Some background on the party. One of the characters is an earth genasi, who doesn't know who his father is. Rakiki doesn't fully understand what it means to be a genasi or even have a full grasp on the outer planes, but he does get that earth elementals come from another plane and thus it would be very hard for the genasi to find his roots. Also, the DM didn't INTEND for this to be anchored around Anchorome, but I started throwing in references (that he doesn't know about). The fort mentioned below has nothing to do with anchorome, but it could EASILY be adapted to it (personally, I like the idea that its a red wizard trade enclave on an island off the eastern coast). The below would be much better with the pictures that were inline in the openoffice document, but...

Without further ado, Rakiki come out here and introduce yourself

You sit down. I learn from Great Owl Fey. Rakiki learn many things, because Rakiki smart and Rakiki know how talk fey. For instance, Rockyman, while Rakiki sad he waste scroll of summon you Daddy, he also learn that Great Owl Fey may be able help with find you Daddy. Also, Rakiki learn very important secret from Great Owl Fey, and Rakiki need you help. I tell you story so you unnerstand why. Sit. Listen. Make ears and eyes open.

Rakiki born long, long time ago, almost 13 years back in northern icy forests, known Adusgee Forest. Rakiki live in land of warmness in mountain valley where bluewood trees grow tall and giant honeysuckle vines grow wild. Is land of beauty. Is land where Eiggdra's seed is landed, and from it grows great ash tree, Raelkath's Sprout. Rakiki grow up riding dire hummingbirds and patrolling stop nasty bugs and not live things from destroy forest. We is friends with moose and staghead shatjan, deer bottom hybsil, dryad and treant. However, Rakiki's favorite friends is petal fairies. One day good friend petal fairy, Tenderbell tell Rakiki she know he smart and she want him meet someone.

We is trade with snow elves who live outside valley to north in snowy mountains and plains, but usually via Shatjan and Hybsil. Tenderbell, well, she tell Boss****le the shatjan shaman he must take me to elves and be trained wizard. Protection magics. Abjuration magics important for protect, give warning, stop hurts. Rakiki travel with Boss****le to north lands of snow elves.

In land snow elves. I meet Daraken the snow wizard And his wife Synowwa the druidess She have kercpa druid apprentice. Tahiki the beautiful kercpa. Tahiki and Rakiki, the fall love. Make babies. Love time living snow elves. Tahiki and Rakiki have sixteen children, and they return to Raelkath's sprout. They travel back and forth between elves and homeland.

But then one day dog folks, they come to attack Raelkath's Sprout while Rakiki in snow elf lands. Boss****le come to get Rakiki to protect home. Big battle. Rakiki try rush home. Find Tahiki and kids. Rakiki and Tahiki get separated in battle. Rakiki get taken. Put on smelly ship. He find out wife, Tahiki also be taken and in fort near here from Great Owl Fey. Rakiki need friends help him find wife. You help?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000