Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Please help me find an Artifact. Driving me Crazy!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris278
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2020 :  02:45:31  Show Profile Send Chris278 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Alright so several months ago I found a Magic Artifact that I believe was tied to one of the dungeon and dragons novels or maybe even tied to 2nd edition dnd. Its a metallic book made of "Electrum? that had dragon fables in it that when read released the dragons they were mentioning. I believe this is a plot point in a dnd novel or cannon lore. For the life of me I CANNOT find this anymore and was hoping to read more about it and have links to the cannon item.

I think it was literally called the book of dragons or something. Does anyone have any idea what Im talking about Im certain there is a novel with this and book is deffinatley made out of metal maybe Electrum.

Chris278
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2020 :  03:35:19  Show Profile Send Chris278 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting. YEah this is driving me crazy i think this might even be 2nd edition lore. Especially considering it may even be called book of dragons or something its deffinlty a metal book and the book was created to essentially trap dragons. Tiamat may even be involved and reading the fairy tale like fables in the metal book releases the dragons.

Edited by - Chris278 on 24 Jun 2020 03:36:23
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
768 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2020 :  03:44:03  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Book of Dragons (p.24 of Ed Greenwood Presents: Elminster's Guide to the Forgotten Realms)
"Said to be a large book bound in electrum, with metal pages in which the letters and other characters have been stamped, this tome contains short, fanciful tales about the lives of various dragons, written to be read aloud to children. The dragons associated with each story are real wyrms, magically bound in stasis somewhere in the Realms."

AJA
YAFRP

Edited by - AJA on 24 Jun 2020 03:44:58
Go to Top of Page

Chris278
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2020 :  03:49:36  Show Profile Send Chris278 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THIS IS IT!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
768 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2020 :  04:02:57  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris278

THIS IS IT!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

You're welcome. I knew I had just read it recently, so it would have driven me crazy too if I didn't go back and try to find it.

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000