Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Primordials released by the Batrachi at Tearfall
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11806 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2020 :  16:25:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey,

Exactly WHICH entitities do we know of that were released during the tearfall incident by the batrachi? As a second question what powers of any kind were specifically known to be involved in that?

For instance, I know that Asgorath/Asgoroth/Io the "World Shaper" was involved. I know that this being set the "comet"/ice moon/crystal sun that shares the name Zotha ablaze and destroyed it (and according to some weird Ed Lore, Zotha may have been some giant manta ray like entity... don't know how much I like that).

I know that on the Abeir side, a primordial named Arambar was "betrayed" by his dragon mount (unnamed?) and "sacrificed" himself to create the steelsky.

Also, while Asgorath supposedly dies by breathing on Zotha and it "shattering" shards into it, there's also a rumor that Erek-Hus "the king in terror" uses an adamantine axe to split this same entity to create Bahamut and Tiamat. Then there's "rumors" that Zehir was involved in this and betrayed Asgorath to the primordials.... but that could be any aspect of the world serpent in my book that possibly betrays Asgorath.

Are any others specifically mentioned?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2470 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2020 :  01:44:36  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Erek-Hus thing is one of the biggest inconsistencies of the FR version of the Dawn War. Because it happens eons before this event you're mentioning happened. So, basically, the Asgorath that appears during the Tearfall must be a reincarnation of the one who died in the Dawn War. But, well, Io's mythology is full of tales of his deaths and rebirths. Guess this is part of his philosophy.

On topic, maybe Maegera the Inferno? I.mean, this maybe is the time he took the chance to burrow beneath Neverwinter and hide from the Estelars.

As for the Estelars, I don't think there are none of the gods we know today. No hoomans gods, I mean. So, the gods present there must be either from the Sarrukh and Batrachi pantheons, and perhaps a few giant gods as well.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 16 May 2020 01:45:55
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2020 :  05:42:48  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering if Asgorath has nine different aspects, one for each alignment, like avatars except they are each equivalent to the full power of a greater deity and is autonomous of the other aspects.

The "true core" of his existence might be in a hidden place while his aspects roam the multiverse.

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Edited by - Storyteller Hero on 16 May 2020 05:43:36
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11806 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2020 :  13:30:16  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

The Erek-Hus thing is one of the biggest inconsistencies of the FR version of the Dawn War. Because it happens eons before this event you're mentioning happened. So, basically, the Asgorath that appears during the Tearfall must be a reincarnation of the one who died in the Dawn War. But, well, Io's mythology is full of tales of his deaths and rebirths. Guess this is part of his philosophy.

On topic, maybe Maegera the Inferno? I.mean, this maybe is the time he took the chance to burrow beneath Neverwinter and hide from the Estelars.

As for the Estelars, I don't think there are none of the gods we know today. No hoomans gods, I mean. So, the gods present there must be either from the Sarrukh and Batrachi pantheons, and perhaps a few giant gods as well.

Hmmm, but both have Bahamut and Tiamat arising from the body of Asgorath, so it would seem to be the same entity. It is almost like Erek-Hus and Arambar might be the same being.... hmmm, or perhaps a "split" (good and evil) of the same being? Still, that would be speculation and not certainty... but might be a spin we might want.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2470 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2020 :  01:37:16  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Hmmm, but both have Bahamut and Tiamat arising from the body of Asgorath, so it would seem to be the same entity. It is almost like Erek-Hus and Arambar might be the same being.... hmmm, or perhaps a "split" (good and evil) of the same being? Still, that would be speculation and not certainty... but might be a spin we might want.

Well, you see, that is just one myth. 4e Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons states that there is another version of the myth that says Bahamut and Tiamat existed prior to Io's death. According to that myth, they were his first creations. They inherited Io's power when he died.

And well, this kind of ambiguity is common in 4e's mythology. They never gave you an absolute truth, just many possible truths. The ultimate truth was left to DMs to decide.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 17 May 2020 01:38:10
Go to Top of Page

BrennonGoldeye
Learned Scribe

105 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2020 :  18:44:24  Show Profile Send BrennonGoldeye a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Well, you see, that is just one myth. 4e Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons states that there is another version of the myth that says Bahamut and Tiamat existed prior to Io's death. According to that myth, they were his first creations. They inherited Io's power when he died.

And well, this kind of ambiguity is common in 4e's mythology. They never gave you an absolute truth, just many possible truths. The ultimate truth was left to DMs to decide.

And in yet another they are IO's 2nd and 3rd children after Vorel. Dragons are akin to tiny, well relatively, flying Primordials.

Sam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000