Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Faerūnian Anthems
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  10:48:40  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage and Bookwyrm, you have both demonstrated that you have no levels in rogue, for every seedy bar in the world has played this song at least a thousand times!

Either no levels in rogue, or Sage's feign radio music ignorance spell was up while he wrote his post (can't tell for sure, as I'm not high-level enough for Analyze Dweomer just yet...)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  15:07:14  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lowtech

Must...resist...commenting...on...this...thread...
um...Ill get back to ya'll when I'm a little more sober...

Aww, what's the fun in that?
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  05:52:15  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's ok Sage that you aren't familiar with AC/DC. Your reasons are very good. However, for those of us who have been steeped in "contemporary" music it is even funnier when one considers that AC/DC is an Australian band and was/is much bigger where you live than they ever were here in the States, which is really saying something.

Regardless, it would not make a good anthem for either location due to far too many anachronistic phrases for Faerun and a complete lack of applicability to a nation.

To steer this post slightly back to topic and hopefully deflect a bit of Alaundo's wrath, I'd suggest that the topic of a national anthem for the Silver Marches would make an interesting plot hook.

The Marches are a rather recent nation, so it would seem to me fairly logical that one has not been chosen yet. It would also seem very appropriate that Alustriel would sponsor a contest for bards of the Marches to pen an appropriate anthem. A panel could narrow down the choices to a handful of suitable entries to be played at Midsummer in order for the gathered assembly to vote through applause.

Sarta

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000