Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dragonspear Castle
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Owesstaer
Acolyte

Luxembourg
30 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  10:14:23  Show Profile Send Owesstaer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has there ever been an official source with floorplans of Dragonspear castle?

Google didn't turn up anything but the basic above ground level ruins map.
I'm rather looking for dungeon levels around the gate to Baator and the shrine of the Tempus clergy that guards (or guarded) that gate.

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  12:49:21  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
maybe in 3rd module of 2e Time of Troubles Adventure?
Or maybe in 2e adventure module "Hordes of Dragonspear" ?
Have to check when am back home.

Dewaint
Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  20:20:56  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mhhh.... only underground map of the castle I have is a twisting labyrinth (FRQ2 p.23). IMO quite simplistic, nothing really worth noting, where the Dragonspear was hidden.

Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  20:28:51  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It puzzles me, apparently no underground maps of Dragonspear Castle were made public in decades past?
mhhh... possibly in some old long forgotten Polyhedron mag or other, more "weirdly" source?

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  22:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the reason for the lack of maps of the underground area was to give the DM freedom to tailor the adventure to taste. That seems to be the bent of the older edition modules anyway.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2016 :  09:15:24  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, probably. Fair enough to give DM freedom to include their own ideas, or story plots.

There are some caverns below the castle too, depicted in the 1990's FR Atlas which might help to get an idea of connections into the Underdark.

Edited by - Dewaint on 12 Aug 2016 09:18:02
Go to Top of Page

Owesstaer
Acolyte

Luxembourg
30 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2016 :  07:34:40  Show Profile Send Owesstaer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a bit what I expected. Thx for your help!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000