Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 waterdeeps "minor " imports/exports
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

realmslore2000
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2016 :  19:08:57  Show Profile Send realmslore2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've seen a list or two of the major imports and exports of Waterdeep but I'd like to know is what other "minor" imports/exports go into and out of Waterdeep are or would be to other cities/nations like woven rugs, weavings, pottery, books, etc.
If the list gets big enough I'll put it into my netbook of Waterdeep I'm working on.

I'm an idea maker, not a writer

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2016 :  22:47:10  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The answer is "everything."

Waterdeep is the biggest, most important port on the Sea of Swords. It has land trade routes connecting it with the northern interior. It would also be a re-supply port for ships from Luskan and Neverwinter heading south, and southern ships heading north. It has a colony in Maztica, if your timeline is advanced that far. It's the primary port for spelljammers landing in the Sea of Swords.

Put it all together, and if it can be moved by sea or land or air, it will be found in Waterdeep. Not everything all the time, of course. A spelljammer or a ship from the Shining South or Maztica or Zakhara would be rare, but it would be Waterdeep that they're heading towards.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000