Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Tempest Valley
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2016 :  02:10:30  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, fellow scribes.

There's a place called Tempest Valley in the Storm Horns (it can be seen in the 2nd edition Cormyr sourcerbook's map). I can't find any information about this place. Does anyone know anything about it?

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2016 :  06:28:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 2E Cormyr accessory map had a bunch of places that were not noted or fleshed out in the text. I'm not aware of any information on this place but it sure sounds good! long-ago cultists of Talos perhaps?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2016 :  00:34:19  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought about a Talos cult, but it's too obvious in my opinion. I asked about this place because I'm currently the DM of a Cormyr campaign. The PC's traveled into the Feywild through a portal near the town of Kirinswood and then went to the "Feywild Storm Horns" (I made the place as an obsidian mountain full with vulcans ruled by fomorians and fire giants... but I digress). Anyway, the PCs found a circle of stones in this area that is a portal back to the Material World, in the middle of the so called Tempest Valley. Since there's no official lore about it, I think I'll made it a valley completely inaccessible by land and even by flying (maybe due the strong tempests that plague it) and thus without any human influence. It could be filled with a primordial forest defended by isolated and fanatical druids.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000