Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Does the tv show the 100 feel like forgotten realm
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2016 :  18:36:17  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
SPOILers probably if you watch the show.

But the show the 100 which is currently in its 3rd season, to me feels straight out of a forgotten realms book!

I guess this similarity can be drawn to several popular shows. Haha. What do you think

“Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.
Drizzt Do'Urden”

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1527 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2016 :  01:01:21  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how you get "high magic fantasy" from "post-apocalyptic sci-fi".
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2016 :  02:30:37  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

I don't know how you get "high magic fantasy" from "post-apocalyptic sci-fi".

Well a quick look at a Wikipedia article there can be some similarities to the destruction of 3rd Edition, though that is the best I can come up with. Only other thing might be introduction of new sub-race of humans. Changed by the massive event.

No magic, no deities, no swords, only way might be realms like at all is type of conflicts, however types of conflicts can be matched to any setting with limited problems.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Edited by - Kentinal on 28 Feb 2016 02:31:32
Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2016 :  05:59:13  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I mean it just seems very similar, some of the scenarios that are faced by the characters in show, are similar to that in some of the salvatore books i read.

For instead, the main female protagonist was captured and held hostage by an assasain, much like catti and artemis. Idk, there are only so many different plots that can be done in movies or books.

Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2016 :  13:22:35  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could only stomach 15 minutes of the 1st episode of that show before giving up.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2016 :  15:52:53  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh the first episode was extremely cheesy. Give it two episodes. It's so dang good imo

Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

769 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2016 :  18:53:11  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never heard of it so I looked it up. No, I do not think a show about pretty young adults, wearing dirty clothes and set in a dirty world, yet they are still looking pretty, is anything like the Forgotten Realms.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1527 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2016 :  12:05:44  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merlin is probably closer, due to the fantasy setting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000