Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2016)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2016 :  17:13:34  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message
I would like to repeat my questions from last year in hopes they will be answered.
1) Could you shed some light on Roll of the years? Any tidbits about Augathra, Alaundo or Maglas will be great.
2) As Nine hells are canonicaly later creation by fallen angels, do you have any information on how Baator looked like before that?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2016 :  17:45:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
There is no need to repeat your question. No question in Ed's thread goes unseen by him; his Lovely Hooded Emissary passes on everything to him, sometimes including discussions on other threads.

Here's the thing: Ed is one insanely busy guy. He has a creative output to rival that of the hypothetical Shakespearean monkeys, on top of a day job and other commitments. On top of that, he doesn't always have the answer to any given question readily available -- there is much Realmslore to be found piled in boxes and such in his legendary basement. And on top of that, he treads an ever-shifting minefield of NDAs and projects he has to avoid speaking on. Sometimes he can't even mention an NDA without giving something away.

Add into that mix a new publishing venture...

So, long story short -- your questions have been forwarded to Ed. He may answer within hours, you may be waiting for a few years... I've got unanswered questions going back at least a few years, myself. I've gotten almost immediate answers, and I've gotten answers so much later that I'd forgotten I'd asked the question.

Heck, even being able to email him directly doesn't guarantee a swift answer to a lore question...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2016 :  21:54:54  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all!
I'm still alive (and so is Ed), just busybusybusy.
I recall Ed answering some Madeiron Sunderstone questions SOMEWHERE recently, but let me answer a few of Clegane's queries off the top of my head (drawing on my experiences as a player in the "home" Realms campaign):
How did he get the surname Sunderstone? Was it something that was assumedd based on life experience or was it a name brought from his homeland of Hartsvale?
A: He was born with it (it's his family name).

Being a direct line descendant of the giant demigod the Hartkiller and the first King of Hartsvale Brun, he possessed the great size but did also he possess the same supernatural strength that manifested in the royal Hartwick line?
A: Madeiron was tremendously strong in our dealings with him. As in, briefly hold up collapsing building while inside it (so others could escape) strong.

Did he and Piergeiron become acquainted before Piergeiron became the Open Lord?
A: Yes.

I realize these are fragments at best, but they're tidbits I can contribute without getting a response from Ed. Whose nursing of his wife takes most of his time, these days, with his own publishing venture coming second (through financial necessity coming ahead of the Realms at the moment).
Ed's next Realms novel, DEATH MASKS, comes out in early June, just to confirm...
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2016 :  01:12:30  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message
THO,

Thank you much for the answers. I don't know how much it means from a web board stranger, but please extend my best wishes to Ed and his wife for wellness and his other endeavors. Sharing that he is dealing with the most important of issues in life, I hope the sharing generates tremendous positive energy and prayers headed he and his wife's way.

I hope to get to Gencon or one of his appearances one day and say thanks in person but as a lover of the Realms which I am sure are legion in number, I gotta believe he has many wishing the best, I know I am one. He hasn't just shared his creative imagination with us through game products and novels but in creating a real community with the fans and creators around a love of the Realms. In my short time on the board, it's clear through your participation and forwarding Ed's imaginings to us and the contributions of so many others, the Realms are nurtured and shared in many ways and are alive and well.

Thanks,

Clegane

Edited by - Clegane on 14 Apr 2016 01:13:35
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Seeker

92 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2016 :  02:11:47  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
Dear THO, could you please ask Ed about the current state of Tethyr and Amn? The Swoed Coast Adventure's Guide does not clarify if Murann still exists or is still dominated by monsters? Also, the lands of intrigue are my favorite in the Realms, and I would like to ask Ed both if their treatment in official materials reflects his vision on those lands and if he would like to explore them in future materials. Thanks as always!
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2016 :  09:12:48  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message
Well, I just asked some questions to Ed on twitter, before I knew this forum existed. I want to share the questions and the answers here, for the record.

1st Question: hello, Ed! A big fan of FR here! Can I ask you something? What happened to Returned Abeir after the Sundering? Thanks in advance

Answer: Heh: NDA, I'm afraid. Which in itself should tell you something. ;}

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/682029506744422401

2nd Question: I have another nerdy question today: If gods doesn't exist in Abeir, why they use Io creation myth for dragonborn in SCAG?

Answer: "gods doesn't exist in Abeir"? Since when???

My answer: Reading 4e FRCS, Ao gave Toril to the gods, and the twin planet, Abeir to the primordials (I know, 4e messed up things)

Ed's answer: Yes, but part of the definition of godhood is the power to perceive AND and answer prayers (bestow divine spells) across worlds.

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/688921844691390464

3rd Question: Hi, Ed, how're you doing? I want to know if dragonborn of bahamut and abeiran ones are related in some way. Thanks in advance.

Answer: I'm fine! Yes, they are. No, no one human or dragonborn remembers how. Just a few VERY old dragons. The trick? Getting themToTalk

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/722271292758585344

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 19 Apr 2016 09:15:07
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2016 :  13:55:18  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Well, I just asked some questions to Ed on twitter, before I knew this forum existed. I want to share the questions and the answers here, for the record.

1st Question: hello, Ed! A big fan of FR here! Can I ask you something? What happened to Returned Abeir after the Sundering? Thanks in advance

Answer: Heh: NDA, I'm afraid. Which in itself should tell you something. ;}

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/682029506744422401

2nd Question: I have another nerdy question today: If gods doesn't exist in Abeir, why they use Io creation myth for dragonborn in SCAG?

Answer: "gods doesn't exist in Abeir"? Since when???

My answer: Reading 4e FRCS, Ao gave Toril to the gods, and the twin planet, Abeir to the primordials (I know, 4e messed up things)

Ed's answer: Yes, but part of the definition of godhood is the power to perceive AND and answer prayers (bestow divine spells) across worlds.

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/688921844691390464

3rd Question: Hi, Ed, how're you doing? I want to know if dragonborn of bahamut and abeiran ones are related in some way. Thanks in advance.

Answer: I'm fine! Yes, they are. No, no one human or dragonborn remembers how. Just a few VERY old dragons. The trick? Getting themToTalk

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/722271292758585344

Thank you for sharing.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2016 :  19:13:38  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message
To THO,

As a followup to my Madieron questions, I gather from you answer and familiarity with Madeiron that the "home" Realms campaign probably included a lot of the more well known characters from the novels and game materials. What were some of the prominent PCs and NPCs fans might be familiar with in the "home" campaign centered around Waterdeep? Am I right in assuming the character roster in the the original Waterdeep and the North supplement were played or used as frequent NPC's?

Thanks,

Clegane

Edited by - Clegane on 20 Apr 2016 19:50:19
Go to Top of Page

Rivenhelm
Acolyte

32 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2016 :  23:06:11  Show Profile Send Rivenhelm a Private Message
Lovely THO & Ed (lovely in his own way),

Quickie Eveningstar map question. What is the large (possibly the largest) building almost directly south of the Temple Granaries? Seems like an awful large edifice to not be mentioned, or am I missing some hidden reference?

In our last session over the weekend I decided to run the "explosive encounter" between the circle (more of an arc) of nine levitating fireball-hurling mages in front of the Halls. I would dub my version more of a slaughter than an encounter. Perhaps I made the Company of the Unicorn too underpowered or undermanned, or both, but as I played out the mock encounter it was a short-lived three round affair. In my play through they were surprised by the hovering menaces when attempting to gain entrance into the halls, and despite the fact that they tried to flee in earnest they were quickly cut down. Looking back, nine mages that can cast fireballs, even at minimum level requirements, would be more than a match for most "hero level" adventures. My players wisely watched from the shadows of the surrounding woods rather than leap to the aid of the beleaguered group -- and the only way I saw the gave the Unicorns any hope of survival. Without going into lengthy detail one member did survive, but technically it was a swift TPK. I feel like I short-changed the library version of the group somehow, and I am meaning to make amends to the spirit of that group.

I know from a previous question of mine, some NDA's an spoilers may apply, but I'd like narrow my original inquiry about that event. First was there ever a name to the circle of mages? Was "the encounter" with the Company of the Unicorn a pitched battle, ambush by the mages, ambush by the company, and/or full-out retreat by one or the other? In a note I penciled in my module I wrote "mages eventually defeated by/with the help of the Knights of Myth Drannor"; which suggests two encounters. Is this how it played out in the home campaign or library campaign? Feel free to put what input you're allowed THO. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks as always!!

Love & Well Wishes to Jenny too!!!

R...
Go to Top of Page

Rivenhelm
Acolyte

32 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2016 :  23:42:29  Show Profile Send Rivenhelm a Private Message
Oops. It should probably read: "In our last over-the-weekend play session..."

I wish I played last weekend!!! Copy & paste error there.

R...
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2016 :  18:44:04  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all!
Stepping in (BTW, Ed will be at Ad Astra this coming Saturday, north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada; the region's longest-running sf, fantasy, etc. convention) to answer Azuth, re. this: "I know I've asked this before, but I'm at a crossroads (literally) in my campaign and I'm uncertain how to proceed, and seek Ed's guidance. It's fair to say without spoiling things too much that Candlekeep is in a state of...disrepair...at the end of The Herald and yet in the latest quasi-Sourcebook it seems as if all is well and good there. One of my players wants to seek lore from the lore masters of Candlekeep and I'm not certain of its state, or if they're accepting petitioners right now. I suspect that part or all of a direct answer is covered by NDA, but can Ed provide any insight as to whether or not the Keep is accepting petitioners (or even better, in any condition to accept petitioners) in the current official campaign year? I can rough in the details from there, but (and I) don't like avoiding things simply because they're not covered in source books, yet we equally dislike when new, published novels contradict what's happened in the game.
Thank you, most beloved THO, for any illuminations you might provide."

Azuth, Ed tells me that the surviving monks of Candlekeep moved very quickly to restore things to as close to normalcy as they could. Heavily damaged chambers were walled or cordoned off, precious tomes moved away from where weather could get at them, etc. ...and monk-respected sages were actively recruited from all over the Realms (want a cushy life with room and board covered? free to come and go as you please [only not carrying books ;}]? come to Candlekeep). Because it's expensive to live in cities and harder and harder to live unassisted as one grows older, many sages accepted. So now there are monks, and there are lay "monks" and the Keep is back to "trying to behave as if nothing happened." The Harpers and certain servitors of Mystra (some of them spectral) have made sure that undercover agents of anyone evil or destructive or inclined to thievery have been rooted out...so the Keep "is back."
This comes from a discussion from Ed. ;}
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Seeker

92 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  19:59:27  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
Dear THO, I have three questions for Ed. 1) Are magic and wizards mistrusted or feared in Tethyr as it is in Amn? 2) Are the Harpers still viewed with suspicion in Tethyr? 3) Any interesting mention of political intrigue in current Tethyr? What is the current status of Maztica in the Realms, any clues? (Well, four questions it is :)). Thanks!

Edited by - paladinnicolas on 29 Apr 2016 20:04:38
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2016 :  19:50:21  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message
A question to Ed. I was wondering if he has roleplayed as a Gold Dwarf character before, and if he has or hasn't, how would a Gold Dwarf sound like according to him? More or less like a regular dwarf with a gruff voice or Scottish-like accent? Or are they haughty and aristocratic-like given their descriptions and histories from the books? Are also they grim and stern like many regular dwarves? Do they also have a distinct accent, since they are generally from the Shining South which is fairly remote from the Shield Dwarf communities in North Faerun?

Edited by - deserk on 01 May 2016 19:56:33
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2016 :  22:40:52  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message
A question for Ed (or anyone who can answer).

According to AD&D The Cult of Dragon, Io is another name of Asgorath, the chief deity of the Draconic Pantheon. In Sword Coast Adventure's Guide is mentioned Io died in the Dawn War. However, 4e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting says that Asgorath trying to destroy Abeir-Toril with a moon was the reason Ao separated Abeir from Toril, during the Days of Thunder, many years after the Dawn War (as is mentioned the batrachi "released Asgorath and other primordials from their prisons").

My question is: what the heck is Asgorath? Is Io reborn or something like that?

Thanks in advance for the answer :D

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 04 May 2016 22:46:06
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2016 :  23:15:16  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message
Hi THO

I can't believe I didn't know about Ad Astra...please post if you know of any more Ed appearances in the GTA in the coming months so I can mark them on my calendar and go see him.

Question for Ed - did any of the dracoliches destroyed by Shandril survive into the current 5e realms date (1480s DR I believe?). I know they all survived in that there phylacteries were not destroyed but not sure of what happened past the references in 2ed where they were trying to regrow their bodies. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2016 :  23:00:26  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all!
Seravin, you happen to have asked something that was asked by one of us (Ed's players in the "home" campaign), and although he usually doesn't answer us (for fear of harming future play possibilities), in this case, at the end of a long night of chatting and working creatively together and drinXXXX ahem, sampling, he merely grinned evilly and said, "Yes."
Nothing more, and would not be nudged into more, though I can be VERY persuasive when I want to be. ;}
So, the answer is "yes." I'll try again and see if he'll reveal more, as that was some time ago...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2016 :  23:30:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
You know we're always interested in whatever you can reveal, O Hooded One.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2016 :  08:16:03  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
Hello again Lady THO.

Tonight I was doing some realms history reading and found myself wondering about Raumathar. There does not seem to be much concrete about it other than its fall. Ed, could you perhaps share with us your lore on the realm that has never made it into publications?
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2377 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2016 :  06:47:54  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

According to what Ed said in 2006, there are (even if they are often located within wooded areas). Yes, it's true that they often form around shrines, and its true that the ritual worship of Eilistraee can be seen as a leisure activity on its own (given that her rituals mostly consist of dance and revelry), but I wanted to know if there were other particular activities common in those communities.

Which - this or this? From these answers it looks like there's perhaps more to those than just monasteries and/or semi-permanent refugee camps, but even this is not conclusive.
My point is, we don't know even the most basic context. Which is to say, almost anything else about settlements of the drow following Eilistraee on the surface - except that they are not uniform, but it's kind of expectable, given that the drow show a lot of creativity even in the same (and very demanding) biome, and now face more varied conditions. Other than they tend to be low-profile an therefore presumably are rather small, which fits with "around a single shrine" image.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 09 May 2016 06:58:18
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2016 :  13:50:06  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

According to what Ed said in 2006, there are (even if they are often located within wooded areas). Yes, it's true that they often form around shrines, and its true that the ritual worship of Eilistraee can be seen as a leisure activity on its own (given that her rituals mostly consist of dance and revelry), but I wanted to know if there were other particular activities common in those communities.

Which - this or this? From these answers it looks like there's perhaps more to those than just monasteries and/or semi-permanent refugee camps, but even this is not conclusive.
My point is, we don't know even the most basic context. Which is to say, almost anything else about settlements of the drow following Eilistraee on the surface - except that they are not uniform, but it's kind of expectable, given that the drow show a lot of creativity even in the same (and very demanding) biome, and now face more varied conditions. Other than they tend to be low-profile an therefore presumably are rather small, which fits with "around a single shrine" image.

Yes, I meant both those answers. I know that, of course, there are a variety of those small communities, I wasn't expecting an answer that could be applied to all of them. I'm interested in examples of particular games/leisure activities (if any notable), and of how childrising may work among the drow of Eilistraee.

Edited by - Irennan on 09 May 2016 13:58:11
Go to Top of Page

Infamous
Acolyte

42 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2016 :  19:38:24  Show Profile Send Infamous a Private Message
Ed and/or all: greetings! What happens when things, mostly foods, are named after topics related to power, magic and superstition in the realms? For example, if a local sweet made from eggs is named Beholder's Eye, is it considered bad luck to order one? What about non locals being offered that food, would they fear? What if a dish is named Zombie Cake, for being gray? In a world where zombies are a real, terrifying threat, that name is both amazing and inauspicious. Do people get superstitious? What of Larloch's Butterfingers? Would a strong wine called Bane's Blood offend his clergy? Do people mock dead gods by naming a beer Mask's Piss?
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2016 :  21:46:20  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
Hello, Ed and THO.

In the post-Sundering Realms, are there dragon Chosen of Mystra? If yes, how many of them?

As usual, thanks for your time, and best wishes for everything.

Go to Top of Page

Chaotos
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2016 :  21:53:15  Show Profile Send Chaotos a Private Message
O, Great Loremaster!

I was wondering if the spotlight will ever be put on to Abeir. We only have a continent right now, but to see the rest of Toril's twin would be great. Primordial cults, Draconic Despotism, a world in flux. There is so much potential and I would hate to see it wasted.

Will we ever see the other side of the coin?

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2016 :  01:14:17  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotos

O, Great Loremaster!

I was wondering if the spotlight will ever be put on to Abeir. We only have a continent right now, but to see the rest of Toril's twin would be great. Primordial cults, Draconic Despotism, a world in flux. There is so much potential and I would hate to see it wasted.

Will we ever see the other side of the coin?

Thank you!

Maybe someone will do something with it on DM's Guild?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2016 :  23:23:50  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
Well met again Ed & THO

I'm currently reading the Shadow of the Avatar books. Just read the battle scene in Daggerdale and I'm wondering if any of those spells were ever flushed out for use in the home campaign. Spinning lightning that absorbs spells, "soul cages" etc. As one of the knights was there I thought perhaps the story came from a home session... I'd love to see more on any of them.
Go to Top of Page

Sebastrd
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2016 :  17:15:12  Show Profile  Visit Sebastrd's Homepage Send Sebastrd a Private Message
Ed, where did the names "Amaunator" and Ghaunadaur" come from? Did they have real-world inspirations, or were they purely original creations?
Go to Top of Page

Vulpes
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2016 :  09:44:16  Show Profile Send Vulpes a Private Message
I recently took a dive back into the archives to reread all the previous Ed answers. So much lore, and so many questions to derive from that lore! I'll space out my questions, however, as I know answer-time is limited.

Of all the lore I was reminded of, Far Shanooth was far and away the most evocative to me. Can Ed tell us more about it? They travel to other worlds, but how? Through portals or spelljamming? By some other means? All of the above? What particularly interests them, and what have they found? Who rules them? What gods do they worship>
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2016 :  15:37:15  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sebastrd

Ed, where did the names "Amaunator" (...) come from?

I'm not Ed, bit AFAIK, the sun god's name brings a strong egyptian influence. From Amun (Amon) and maybe also from Aton (Aten).

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2016 :  19:11:44  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all.
I've finally found my way back here, so let me deal with some of the easier lore replies.
Sebastrd, re. "Ed, where did the names "Amaunator" and "Ghaunadaur" come from? Did they have real-world inspirations, or were they purely original creations?"

So far as I and Ed know, "Amaunator" was coined by Eric Boyd, so he would be the man to answer re. its etymology. Ed created "Ghaunadaur," and the name was a purely original creation (applied to Gary Gygax's unnamed "Elder Elemental God," or rather its manifestation in the Realms).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2016 :  19:18:01  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
And another...
From The Masked Mage: "Well met again Ed & THO/I'm currently reading the Shadow of the Avatar books. Just read the battle scene in Daggerdale and I'm wondering if any of those spells were ever flushed out for use in the home campaign. Spinning lightning that absorbs spells, "soul cages" etc. As one of the knights was there I thought perhaps the story came from a home session... I'd love to see more on any of them."

Almost none of Ed's fiction comes DIRECTLY from any play session; our "home campaign" Realmsplay tends to be too subplot-multilayered (and therefore "slow") for Realms fiction (George R.R. Martin was indulged in the wordcount necessary to tell tales his way, but Ed never has been, by either TSR or WotC). However, every single spell, magic item, and magical process ("ritual") in Ed's Realms fiction gets written up by him in game terms, and added to the lore. It rarely gets published, and even more rarely still unaltered and in close enough proximity to the fiction appearance and with Ed's name still on it for the connection to be obvious...but it all gets written up in game terms. Ed doesn't deem matters "fair," otherwise.

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000