Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Draxius the Neverending
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evrat
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  11:06:48  Show Profile Send Evrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
HI everyone

I am still looking for information on the King Draxius of Cormyr.

Which kind of King he was ? A good one ? Desposte ?

I know he faked his own death twice and lived more than 400 years. But I run a game under his reign (644DR) and I need information.

Thanks in advance !

Evrat

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  15:39:58  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We don't know a huge amount about the guy's personality. He had to crush two rebellions and survived at least one assassination attempt, so we know that he wasn't universally popular. We know he killed three of his own children and that he hated all cats, both apparently due to reasons of disloyalty - so he was heavy-handed when it came to betrayal. We know he cheated on his Queen at least once.

But, we also know that he relied upon and had the support of Amedahast (a noted cat lover), who was thought of as being bitter, but a genuinely decent court mage.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 14 Nov 2015 15:43:26
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  16:34:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

But, we also know that he relied upon and had the support of Amedahast (a noted cat lover), who was thought of as being bitter, but a genuinely decent court mage.

It's prolly more accurate to say that the position he occupied was supported by Amedahast. It's not at all uncommon to support a person because of their position in a hierarchy, and not because of the person themselves.

Loyalty to the Crown, and not the head that wore it, and all that. Or you could say loyal to the throne, and not the butt in it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 14 Nov 2015 16:34:59
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6653 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  20:50:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amedahast's support was a little more "personal" than just doing her job as Mage Royal.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2015 :  00:33:06  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Amedahast's support was a little more "personal" than just doing her job as Mage Royal.

-- George Krashos

Good to know.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000