Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A dwarven toast at birth of a child
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shtapixxx
Acolyte

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2015 :  14:01:38  Show Profile Send shtapixxx a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi guys! I'm new here and I am looking for a dwarven toast at child birth. I'm writing my own but I would like to see some more to compare. If anyone has anything similar pls post it or send it to my email address.

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2015 :  17:29:59  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
* "To our dearest Haelga and the newest whelp of our clan: May his beard swing lower than his axe...or any other part of him!"

* "May her mallet hit even harder than her father's."

* "Oh, Bam-bam, me boy: I envy the day when you realize that true greatness runs in your veins--the lifeblood of Clan MacThump!"

* "Woe is unto all of us, me boys, for the lovely ladies of the Fairstrike line are once again beyond our reach. Mama Fairstrike came too soon; Little Fairstrike here, not soon enough!"

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  01:30:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"May his beard comb out gold!"

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  01:31:17  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do the parents of baby dwarves dress them in miniature suits of armor for special occassions? I suppose they're given toy hammers and interesting bits of stone to play with. Aw, lookit those cute little knitted chainmail sockies!

[Edit]

"To my friend Bruizor son of Brutalor blood of Broedor, who has forged another fine son for the clan! Hear his fierce squalling, orc scum, and tremble as you know that today another dwarven axe has been sworn to destroy you! Wench, wench! Fetch more grog for my stein, and bring some mead for this one's bottle!"

"At least we know he's yours, Bruizor. His beard is just as golden and he's got your bloodshot eyes!"

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 15 May 2015 01:42:25
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  03:19:38  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Praise Moradin! For the Dwarf father has granted us a blessing of twins. May their twin axes swing fast and strike hard. Another beer, for by this week end, I'm going to need another.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

shtapixxx
Acolyte

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  08:03:48  Show Profile Send shtapixxx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanx guys! Much appreciated!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000