Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Ed's Unofficial History of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2015 :  04:37:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Don't know if anyone is paying attention, but Ed is up to installment 7 of his Unofficial History of the Realms at his Edverse website. I'm enjoying seeing his earliest thoughts on the Realms being rolled out for my musing.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2015 :  05:39:46  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odd...I have been checking the website regularly for updates, but have not seen anything new past the fourth update.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2015 :  05:57:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I signed up for the site newsletter, hoping that there would be emails when there were updates, but this has not been the case.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2015 :  02:16:45  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://officeedgreenwood.com/fr50/

http://realmssecretariat.com/unofficial-history/

Good stuff!

Edited by - Matt James on 08 May 2015 02:17:33
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2015 :  04:01:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm keeping up with these. I just wish there was a more efficient alert process for the updates... because I don't check everyday.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2015 :  10:56:03  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there any news about Ed's Unofficial History book that is supposed to be released at GenCon? That definitely sparked my interest.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2015 :  20:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would be cool if they did that. It'd save me the trouble of copy/pasting all these snipets together and getting it bound at Kinkos.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2015 :  04:16:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

It would be cool if they did that. It'd save me the trouble of copy/pasting all these snipets together and getting it bound at Kinkos.

I'm going the other way right now Delwa. My 20 year old collection of photocopied FR lore is slowly being scanned into searchable, manageable PDFs. In a little while I'll have all my FR stuff on a single USB.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2015 :  04:24:58  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I'm going the other way right now Delwa. My 20 year old collection of photocopied FR lore is slowly being scanned into searchable, manageable PDFs. In a little while I'll have all my FR stuff on a single USB.

-- George Krashos

I'm slowly backing up things to a Google Drive account, but technology hates me enough, I like to have a physical copy. Though, I'd be more than happy to pay you to make a duplicate of that USB...

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  00:54:47  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the Unofficial History is released at GenCon, will it also be available to those unable to attend?

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  01:30:44  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is a book for sale AFAIK, so yes.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  04:20:26  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Latest news from Ed: that particular book will be delayed - - perhaps as long as an entire year.
However, scribes, Ed tells me that you'll all know why just before GenCon, when a LOT will appear on Ed's website. Big Plans. Not necessarily Realms-related, but big.
I can't spill any more yet, but I wanted to save scribes from being disappointed, come GenCon time.
However, Ed WILL be releasing instalments in his 50th Anniversary history of the Realmson his website regularly (for free, of course), so keep reading . . .
love to all,
THO
P.S. And yes, it WILL be a book anyone can get, not just those who can make it to GenCon.
P.P.S. Wooly and Sage, a leetle bird tells me that someone will be contacting both of you, when the time is right, regarding something you've both expressed interest in, in the past. Can't say more yet (she teased, because teasing is what this Hooded Lady does), but . . .

Edited by - The Hooded One on 13 May 2015 04:22:56
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  05:46:40  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, looks like someone's been busy ...

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 20 May 2015 05:53:18
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  10:07:40  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More articles? I only see up to the 7th

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  10:15:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Fan creations - The Lord of the End of Everything

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  10:17:20  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  16:18:06  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoa! Great lore there in The Lord of the End of Everything. Read to learn the mortal identity of Bhaal.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  16:53:46  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never mind that. Eril made great pyramids, Ascore is filled with pyramids.

and i should have read to the end of the article before posting. This is ace stuff.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 20 May 2015 16:57:17
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  17:09:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

An interesting read... Who was the author?

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  17:55:58  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im betting it was George/Eric with a slice of Ed thrown in.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  19:53:08  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll say it again it is awesome, so much potential so many ideas.

I love the double intrigue - the spell weavers manipulating the sarrukh, manipulating the netherese (very Ed).

The Sstar gems sound like Chardalyn to me, so now there is a reason for their collection.

I love the Elah Nydra link with Elahzad. Looks like she disappeared there following the relinquishment of her divinity, not sure how to fit Eldath in there though.

Loads of food for thought (and archwizard names), I'm going to be re-reading this another 50 times for various clues and things hidden between the lines. Its given me the inspiration I need to work on my Netheril project again.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  21:12:33  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lots of good ideas in that one. Do we know who wrote it?

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  02:02:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric wrote a piece on Jergal for some other work and then I massaged it by adding some further stuff, turning it into what is on the site.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  02:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eric wrote a piece on Jergal for some other work and then I massaged it by adding some further stuff, turning it into what is on the site.

-- George Krashos

Ahh, thanks, George! Most excellent read.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2015 :  04:37:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

P.P.S. Wooly and Sage, a leetle bird tells me that someone will be contacting both of you, when the time is right, regarding something you've both expressed interest in, in the past. Can't say more yet (she teased, because teasing is what this Hooded Lady does), but . . .

Oooo! Curious.

You really know where to tickle the fancy of this ol' sage, eh?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2015 :  05:50:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Oooo! Curious.

You really know where to tickle the fancy of this ol' sage, eh?

My fancy is tickled, as well. And now that I've typed that, I must acknowledge it's a weird-sounding sentence.

(In truth, I've been rather busy, of late, and had forgotten that promise )

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 01 Jun 2015 05:51:44
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2015 :  11:09:57  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

This was simply superb. And now we finally know the reason for the pyramids of Ascore!!!

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  03:04:50  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookmarked...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2015 :  10:10:58  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or does the 'for the fans' hyperlink not work when you click on it (of course you can enter 'http://realmssecretariat.com/for-the-fans/' manually into your navbar and it will work)?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 19 Jun 2015 10:13:04
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2015 :  22:45:39  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

I finally had some time to read this. Very good, George! A question: Is this the canon origin for the phaerimm? If so, this could mean the phaerimn could be present in other campaign worlds, like Greyhawk. The phaerimm could have played a part in the Sea of Dust's creation.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2015 :  23:31:25  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it's not canon. Just Ed sharing my fan musings. He did like the piece though!

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000