Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Random NWN Summoning
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kaervok
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  21:40:05  Show Profile  Visit Kaervok's Homepage Send Kaervok a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone remember when summon creature spells used to be totally randomized and you could get just about anything?
I really think that they should fix Neverwinter Nights so it does that, cause the summons really generally suck In neverwinter. The dragon is cool, but Is really really annoying. Its huge so as it gets stuck in doorways in stuff when you go in a building. Its spell casting AI is horrible. It will like cast Isaacs on stupid creatures and stuff, when it could just go and squash the S999 out of it. O well. I just think they should redoe the summons and add more, just like in the old BG games. ;-)

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  22:53:47  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings!

Well animal summoning used to be random, but I like the badger.

But I think it is okey, not a big problem and it is good to have a little controll over what you summon. But naimal summoning sucked anyways.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2004 :  04:17:27  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually like the way you summon things in NWN. If you just want some fodder, use the lower lvl summon spells, but if you want some brute force-butt kicking machines (given, they're extremely stupid, brute force-butt kicking machines, but hey, they still kick butt) then use the upper level spells. I particularly like using the Gate spell to summon my own personal Balor.
Against the really tough guys, 90% of summoned creatures are worthless anyway.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Kaervok
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  22:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Kaervok's Homepage Send Kaervok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehe. I kind of want to take that back a little. I forgot, about, black blade of disaster. Muahahaha. No one can kill it. And nothing is smart enough to dispell or banish it. Its really good. Balor?
I've actually never ever tried that spell. Maybe I should?
Also the epic mummy summon spell is good. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2004 :  19:02:12  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. I prefer not to summon anything at all. I do my own work.

However, Animal Summoning does have its place. And I have to admit, seeing a skull-headed instrument of destruction wielding a flaming sword (a balor, in case you don't know) cause havoc among your foes is priceless!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2004 :  20:04:16  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Summoning is okey, but I prefer familiar, and I think you should have some companionship.

And I don't like the idea of a henchmen, 2 is okey, but a henchmen is either really "pally", gey or romantic. I really prefer playing with someone instead.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2004 :  20:09:56  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly. Online play is much better than single player. *Ahem* But back on topic, most of the time, familiars aren't as strong as summoned creatures.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000