Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Missing Moderators???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  00:14:03  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Delete Topic
Hail Alaundo, mayhaps you can answer a few questions for me?

Where have all the moderators gone

I haven't seen the Candlekeep Webmaster since before Christmas,

Tethtoril has been almost non-existent,

And Winthrop is nowhere to be found!

Mayhaps you can shed some light upon this....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  04:25:42  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
Now this definitely sounds like an adventure. Missing Candlekeep moderators, all that's left on the floor are their robes, their quills nearby, and only silence answers when they are called for.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  08:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well met

Indeed Shadowlord, your observations are correct. Some of you may also have noticed such absences.

Candlekeep Webmaster has taken a more back seat in the running of the library (alas, his tasks have since fallen to yours truly )

Tethtoril's workload finally got the better of him, and thus went into early retirement to wander the lower halls of the library vowing never to touch another quill again.

Winthrop, the Candlekeep Inn Innkeeper, is still a position waiting to be filled.... anyone interested in this role please contact me.

That said, (have you been reading my personal scrolls, Shadowlord? ), we are to be announcing the opportunity for Master Scribes of Candlekeep, to aid us in some of the libraries tasks.... watch this space.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 02 Mar 2004 08:59:39
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  09:34:25  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message
SiriusBlack, are you saying that we have Candlekeep moderators running around nekkid?
Have they been into Alaundo's hidden wine cellars?

Really a pity though, had we any Idea what a moderator does we'd sign up to temporarily replace Winthrop but as it stands he haven't got a clue what it is they do... other than prod and whack rambling scribes

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  11:54:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

That said, (have you been reading my personal scrolls, Shadowlord? ), we are to be announcing the opportunity for Master Scribes of Candlekeep, to aid us in some of the libraries tasks.... watch this space.

Hmmm...Now that sounds positively interesting...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  14:06:45  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Hmmm...Now that sounds positively interesting...

Well met

Thou maketh a rod for thy own back, Sage

I will give more details sometime in the next few days. Understand though, that this is NOT a mere moderator role, 'twill require much work behind the scenes.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  14:32:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Indeed...

This sounds more and more intriguing the more and more I think about it. Leave it to you Alaundo, to pique my interest...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  16:53:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal Deimos

SiriusBlack, are you saying that we have Candlekeep moderators running around nekkid?
Have they been into Alaundo's hidden wine cellars?

You know have taken the mystery and turned it into a farce or at least an R rated tale.

quote:
Really a pity though, had we any Idea what a moderator does we'd sign up to temporarily replace Winthrop but as it stands he haven't got a clue what it is they do... other than prod and whack rambling scribes

How good is your diplomacy and how thick-skinned are you? Having just moderated an MIRC chat channel for a few months, I would have a great deal of skill in both before taking on this workload.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  19:51:35  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message
SiriusBlack, a farce is always better. We'd rather not think that there are ex moderators running around nekkid... why we have female scribes here!

Anyways... Like we said we have no idea on such things as moderators... closes thing we can think of doing was some time ago and most likely on a lesser scale.. when we aided to morderate meetings within the guild... But that was on Bnet and we assume such things were less involved as they are here... As for diplomacy, we were not called Lord~Deimos Lord of Manners for nothing. Twas a title given to me by others simply because I allowed everyone a say... at times this was not the best (and had me banned from our own guild channel from time to time as some felt this clogged up what they felt was the right way... their way) Anyways, we ramble and we know that the forums and Bnet are two separate things... Why not you SiriusBlack? You've moderated an MIRC.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2004 :  05:50:04  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Why not you SiriusBlack? You've moderated an MIRC.

I'm trying to think how serious a nomination can be from someone penning a farce.

Let me check with Alaundo on what he'll be willing to pay a moderator for this site before I commit to anything.

Should I ask for benefits too?

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 03 Mar 2004 05:51:00
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2004 :  05:53:09  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message
Hey, hey hey now. That's just harsh.
We're serious. Besides, we may be mad, insane, a lunatic and perhaps a little bit... odd... but we make a lot of sense... It's not our fault everyone can't keep up with us

-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2004 :  15:49:08  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:

Hey, hey hey now. That's just harsh.
We're serious.

No, I'm Sirius. Okay, you knew that couldn't be passed up. Apologies if I bruised any feelings. I have two rules when it comes to FR and I can't believe I forgot them:

1. Never injure the feelings of anyone who has Cardinal in their name.

2. Never make fun of a dark elf with a pretty kitty cat and two scimitars at his side.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  06:01:55  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message
....Bruised our feelings?...? Such a notion is impossible for us for several reasons...
1) We have learned to deal with it. Suffering is a part of life and merely a obstacle for those destined for greatness

2) You are beyond our wrath's grasp

3) A Dark Elf with two scimitars and a pretty kitty deserves to be made fun of, just on principle... Just run real fast. In the infamous words of Monty Python: "Run Away! Run Away!"

Besides that the only ones who can get me truly mad are those who are fictional... an stupid in actions... or thoughts.... or deeds... Like risking their lives, or turning from Lolth, or...

Still, Sirius, that was a horrible joke... But we all knew that Sirius was never Serious... Seriously

However, what does rule 1 have to do with anything... for as far as we know WE'RE THE ONLY ONES WITH CARDINAL IN OUR NAME!
Question, Are we just crazed or has this been said somewhere else...? We can't seem to remember but it sounds oddly familiar. Have you said it before? Hmmm...

-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 05 Mar 2004 06:07:01
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  15:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
I'm sorry folks, I couldn't resist doing this...I saw Shadowlord's post and was suddenly inspired...

Where Have All the Moderators Gone?
(Sung to the tune of "Where have all the Flowers Gone?")

Where have all the moderators gone?
A long time pa-ass-ing
A long ago
Girl, they teleported, every one
When will they ever learn?
When will the ever learn?

Alaundo's mind is cra-ash-ing
The threads are piling up
Girl, were they consumed by dragon fire?

Ah-thank-you....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

Edited by - Arion Elenim on 05 Mar 2004 15:20:18
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  17:22:28  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
::applause::

...a man of many talents, first elven lore, and now this

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  18:06:44  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
3) A Dark Elf with two scimitars and a pretty kitty deserves to be made fun of, just on principle... Just run real fast. In the infamous words of Monty Python: "Run Away! Run Away!"

In the immortal words of Richard Pryor: "Run! And teach your old lady to run so you don't have to go back to get her."

quote:
[navy]Still, Sirius, that was a horrible joke... But we all knew that Sirius was never Serious... Seriously

Except when he was ready to kill Peter. I recall him being deadly serious there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000