Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2015)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2015 :  21:59:49  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer
Also, which NPCs living in Cormyr would be the perfect character choices for the book?

The name 'Mirt' immediately springs to mind. He's the Barry White of the Realms.

Edited by - BenN on 26 Feb 2015 22:01:35
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2015 :  22:19:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by paladinnicolas

Hi Ed and THO, I have a question that may be a bit odd... but from a political point of view, the situation of Waterdeep's rulers seems a bit odd to me. The fact that save for Piergeiron and other open lords, always one at a time, all other lords have an unknown identity, seems counterintuitive to me. After all, currently most political scientists and lawyers argue that publicness and transparency are factors of accountability and rule of law. Therefore, I'd like to ask if some have called for a change in the political situation in Waterdeep, if some masked lords have abused their position, and if the political system has engendered problems there. Thanks!

From various novels and tidbits scattered here and there, we do know that some Lords have abused their positions, using their Lordship to gain greater wealth, magic, or position among the criminal underworld of Waterdeep. We saw it in the DC/TSR comics, back in the day, and there was another one referenced, in the quote below.

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

And for about 30 years Ed worked for "Nipple" (that is, NYPL, or North York Public Library). A library system that can and has been called many things, but seldom "tawdry."
However, back to the Realms . . .
Wooly, Asper's Lordship WAS a brief one. She was made a Lord in place of someone ailing, to try to track down a traitor within the ranks of the Lords (this was a storyline/subplot in Ed's home Realms campaign that almost made it into printed Realmslore early on, that we called, "Who Is Killing the Lords of Waterdeep?" vice "Who Is Killing The Great Chefs of Europe?"), and managed to hunt down and kill the guilty lord, but in so doing grew to loathe many of the sitting Lords [who in turn loathed her], and she decided to remain a Lord so as to have the powers and privileges and be able to step in and deal with future traitors and misbehaving Lords, but to stay quiet and low-profile. This suited the rest of the Lords just fine; aside from Mirt and his personal friends within the Lords, who remained Asper's friend, the rest of the Lords just ignored her. Some of them referred to her as "the Sword At Our Back" or "the Lurking Sword," so if you run across those phrases in Realmslore, that's who's meant.
Published rosters of the Lords are notoriously incomplete and inaccurate, so the lone mention means little. I know of three NPCs widely (and correctly) suspected around the city of being Lords, who have never been mentioned in published Realmslore as belonging to the Lords.
This is fine, BTW; it gives individual DMs more leeway in playing "who's a Lord/who's not" games in their own campaigns.
love,
THO

We've also seen opposition to the Lords as a group, in a couple of the novels set in Waterdeep -- most notably Ed and Elaine's The City of Splendors. Garnet's actions in Elfsong were also aimed, in part, at undermining the rule of the Lords.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eli the Tanner
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  00:31:53  Show Profile  Visit Eli the Tanner's Homepage Send Eli the Tanner a Private Message
Hello Ed and THO,

I have some quick-fire librarial(sp?) questions.
-What was considered the greatest library in the realms before Candlekeep?
-Has there ever been a colossal single loss of stored knowledge like the destruction of the Library of Alexandraia on Earth?
-In the late 15th century,how fares the Index of Danali, Danali himself, and the Leaves of Learning?
-Is there an equivalent to our Dewey Decimal system or are other indexing systems used (like at the Leaves of Learning)?

I have more questions about magical libraries (a knowledge-web, akin to the internet), the children of the passive voice, and travelling libraries; but I will reign in my rabbit-hole of queries.

Many thanks in advance.

Moderator of /r/Forgotten_Realms

Edited by - Eli the Tanner on 27 Feb 2015 00:32:55
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  03:13:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Eli the Tanner

To save Ed the time for a response... I'm pretty sure this one's been asked before [though it may have yet to receive a detailed reply].

I'll check the backlog archive.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

JJ
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  07:40:07  Show Profile Send JJ a Private Message
This is from someone who never has done tabletop rpgs.

How are the people in charge of FR adapting the setting in response to changing fantasy audiences? In terms of the growing visibility of women and minorities interested in fantasy?

And also, I would try this, but I am currently in a strange funk where I want to play as things like dragons or wyverns and such, meaning I do have to create my own worlds and lore for that.

IN another note:
If I read this setting's lore, will I find any dragons that get to have a happy ending in their story? Not many get to in fantasy, which is sad.

And also:
I am not going to open the can of worms about that annoying Wall of the Faithless, but things like that really just make me think that all the gods of Forgotten Realms are evil, and that things would be better without any of them. It just makes me angry, upset, and disgusted in a way that I cannot explain. I will just say this is not for me.

But also, it adds appeal to being faithless in the game, as there is a lot of story potential their. A rather interesting number of goals could show up also. This is from the point of view of an irl atheist who is more curious than vindicative.

I just am going to politely agree to disagree with others on this fantasy world, and stick to or create my own worlds that I like. This game is not for me.

I am not going to be disrespectful, as I can look to this setting, and visualize what I both like and dislike about fantasy, and then grow my own stories and fantasies how I like them.

(I am talking about my own, unique fantasy worlds and setting I had been creating before knowing of this. not trying to plagiarize)

Thank you for creating FR though.
Go to Top of Page

Eli the Tanner
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  09:39:52  Show Profile  Visit Eli the Tanner's Homepage Send Eli the Tanner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Eli the Tanner

To save Ed the time for a response... I'm pretty sure this one's been asked before [though it may have yet to receive a detailed reply].

I'll check the backlog archive.

Thanks Sage, especially if it makes things easier on Ed, my google-fu did not yield any results.

Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  11:29:41  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by JJ
(...)
And also, I would try this, but I am currently in a strange funk where I want to play as things like dragons or wyverns and such, meaning I do have to create my own worlds and lore for that.
(...)

Hi, JJ.

Have you checked 2e AD&D Council of Wyrms? It has rules for draconic PCs - although they are linked to human and demihuman companions, which you can ignore.

EDIT: You will also find valuable information about dragons, the behavior of each draconic variety, their relations with other draconic races and with humanoid beings in the excellent 2e sourcebook Draconomicon. Part of it was re-written, revised or updated in the Cult of the Dragon sourcebook, which is also a great book - but I still prefer the former.

In time, since this is Ed's thread, I have found no reference to him in Draconomicon, have he contributed to this book? How much of it is part of his home world, if any?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 27 Feb 2015 12:21:41
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Seeker

92 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  11:45:07  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
Thanks Wooly!
Go to Top of Page

Taurendil
Acolyte

Chile
43 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  13:24:43  Show Profile Send Taurendil a Private Message
Hi Ed, THO and all of you guys!

I would like to know if, besides the shadovars, the few netherese survivors that went into other lands of Faerûn still exist as communities of "netherese", keeping their traditions, or did they just mixed with the rest of the Faerunian cultures.

And if they do remain, how do they look their returned shadow-kin, is there any kind of animosity between them?

Thanks a lot! :)

- Ideas desordenadas sin RPG en específico www.juegoconamnesia.blogspot.com (Spanish)
- Des idées en vrac pour n'importe quel JdR www.jeudeloubli.blogspot.com (French)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  16:55:58  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Taurendil, the former Netherese scattered all over Toril have continued to change, culturally, since the diaspora. In most places they went, they CREATED the local culture (e.g. Halruaa) by swamping in numbers/wealth/power the relatively few humans already there, or becoming the first humans in a locale. So they differ from each other.
Almost all of them would been hostile to the Shadovar who treated them with hostility or aggression, which tended to be the way the arcanists of Shade acted when making forays out from Thultanthar: they were looking to conquer, or to seize resources without paying for them, and so rubbed the people they were encountering, former Netherese or not, the wrong way.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Taurendil
Acolyte

Chile
43 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  20:00:24  Show Profile Send Taurendil a Private Message
Clearly explained. Thanks Lady Herald!

- Ideas desordenadas sin RPG en específico www.juegoconamnesia.blogspot.com (Spanish)
- Des idées en vrac pour n'importe quel JdR www.jeudeloubli.blogspot.com (French)
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2377 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2015 :  15:10:34  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message
quote:

Ah! Very good questions, TBeholder; off they go to Ed. Yes, there are lots of variants

Thanks!
Ahh, and now it's a challenge to think of another good question...

Speaking of magic items, there's an area that was approached many times, but not quite explored: how much enchantments that are not parts of one item can control each other?
I.e. could a mage make some ring that would remotely control... a wand or for example the same "innocent" glowglobe with a few extras - but make it so that it can be either used "manually" or put on a flying dagger to have the secondary item float around and spit spells at any target attacked by this dagger? If yes, how many such rings could be slaved to the same dagger (aside of "how long the handle is" limitation)?
Or the other way around: could a mage enchant rings intended to be used in casting of a ward type spell, and then put on flying daggers, so that these would attack intruders detected by this ward?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2015 :  16:02:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
TBeholder, this is a nifty idea (if I'm not dating myself too much by using that terminology), and these situations have come up before in the "home" Realms campaign and in design discussions at TSR and Wizards. Things undoubtedly change in official rulings from game edition to game edition (and of course Ed isn't the guy to give such rulings), but I can clearly recall that Ed's handling of this as a DM was: all such "this affects that" enchantments require a linking spell (spell trigger, or other spell that's akin to magic mouth; see Volo's Guide To All Things Magical) AND an ongoing power source (e.g. Ed's "Spell Engine" spell or something similar). That "it eats up power in an ongoing way" limitation has been Ed's way of controlling "ability/feature creep." Like Phezult's Sleep of Ages, many of these enchantments "melt away"/consume gemstones if they aren't set up to drain actual magic (charges from items). Certain Chosen could call on the Weave to power wards, but for everyone else: they were power drains, and so were used in emergencies or when someone was sleeping, recovering from injuries, or studying/replenishing spells, in a potentially dangerous environment, NOT all the time.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2015 :  16:10:18  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again all,
A kindly scribe recently brought to my attention a now-closed thread here at the keep about Ed's writing (treatment of villains especially). I'm not going to comment on the comments therein, except for one matter: A Publishing Lackey described the editorial PROCESS of writing Realms novels and was not believed.
Just FYI, everyone: what he posted was correct in every word and detail. That IS how a Realms novel gets written.
Comments to the contrary may apply to other editorial situations at other publishers (I've worked as an editor, and it does vary widely depending on publisher and the individual editor and writer involved), but A Publishing Lackey stated it correctly for Realms novels written for Wizards of the Coast.
In the case of The Sundering, most "this will happen in your book" details were decided in-house, at least for The Herald (the wrap-up book of the series, remember).
It's NOT the same situation or process as writing a fantasy book on your own and then offering it to a publisher (who, yes, will have the book edited after they've purchased it).
If anyone needs "work-for-hire" explained to them, I can do that.
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 05 Mar 2015 16:18:04
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2015 :  17:30:36  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
Dear THO,

I'm asking tha sages about avariel in the Realms in another thread, and knowing that they appeared originally in Dragon Magazine # 51, were re-written in The Complete Book of Elves and entered the Realms only later, a question came to my mind: have Ed created winged folk for the original Realms? have you ever met these beautiful creatures in his campaign?

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2015 :  18:37:26  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Barastir, Ed had several winged races in the original Realms, and I have no idea why they never made it into the TSR game version; possibly because the designers wanted to wait until they had a D&D "game" race ready, to substitute (but that's just my guess).
Yes, the avariel have appeared in the "home" Realms campaign. Not often, but that's a function of where we players like to send our PCs and what we want them to do; Ed presents the world to us, and we choose what to chase and focus on.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2015 :  19:05:54  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
quote:

Ed presents the world to us, and we choose what to chase and focus on.

I don't know if Ed is familiar with Sergio Aragones' Groo, but... yea, if I were one of his players as I was growing up, "cheese dip" would be a thing in the Realms and everyone would know "mendicant" as the best insult for starting a fray. We all draw our inspiration from somewhere, right? I'm just saying I like cheese and you should all consider yourselves blessed by my misfortune. Curse you, happenstance... if only I were Ed's next door neighbor.

Question, regarding Elduth Yarmmaster... what is a yarm? And have other members of that family reached prominence?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  01:24:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Heh. Yes, Ed is a Groo fan.
As for the Yarmmaster family, Ed saith

Very wealthy Sembians, and have been for a long time. They began as successful grain farmers; in local parlance (the west side of the Dragonreach), a "yarm" is a (usually large) high-yield (and top quality) grain field. Something other farmers wish they had. The Yarmmasters bought up good farmland, shrewdly, sold off farmland for very high prices when cities needed to expand onto it, and invested profits in land holdings all over the Heartlands, both urban and rural (becoming city landlords with a lot of rent coming in, and the owners of farmland rented out to tenant farmers galore). They remained low-profile as they got richer and richer...and when war came to Sembia (the Netherese) simply took their portable wealth and moved to some of their properties in Tethyr and elsewhere, to wait out the troubles until they could return (and they WILL return, to reclaim all of their property).

Hope this is of help.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  03:02:29  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
I like these yarmers. Thanks!

I know this has been asked before, but I'm not sure how recently and it seems like the reasons for not being able to publish the rest of the articles has evaporated. Can Ed talk about the unpublished Border Kingdoms? Like... say Rymdyl, circa 1357 or so? Or has this already been done and I missed it?

On a related note, are Theymarsh and Yallasch considered (by natives or the surrounding areas) part of the Border Kingdoms region?
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  12:21:43  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all. Barastir, Ed had several winged races in the original Realms (...)
Ed presents the world to us, and we choose what to chase and focus on.
love,
THO

I got curious about these winged races, how are they? Only winged versions of the regular races (like the winged elves or minotaurs in D&D), or entirely different races? Besides, Ed's gaming approach is nice, and I try to make it that way, too, as much as I can.

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Eli the Tanner
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  15:30:06  Show Profile  Visit Eli the Tanner's Homepage Send Eli the Tanner a Private Message
While Ed is mulling over my previous query, I was wondering if there was anything he could tell us about the town of Yartar since the 1360's. I noted there was very little information (if any) about in 3e and 4e source material. Has it suffered or thrived in the intervening years?

Many thanks for your continued imagineering!

Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  21:22:30  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO,

There's never much been said of Durlag's Tower as far as I know. Which of course makes me think NDA. But, at the same time, is there anything that can be told about this place? I was rather curious about Durlag himself and some of the dragons he took out. Single-handedly slaying that many wyrms makes me think he was VERY lucky, packing some sort of strong magic, or extremely powerful. Maybe all three.

Naturally I'd also be curious as to what other kinds of traps not detailed (there were thousands right?) are there. If the structure of the place, (look, feel, how many levels etc.) could be expanded upon.

Sending love from Nodak! It's 40 above, heat wave! Hope it's making it your way soon Ed! I'm ready for Spring!!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2015 :  18:49:27  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all. Barastir, Ed had several winged races in the original Realms, and I have no idea why they never made it into the TSR game version; possibly because the designers wanted to wait until they had a D&D "game" race ready, to substitute (but that's just my guess).
Yes, the avariel have appeared in the "home" Realms campaign. Not often, but that's a function of where we players like to send our PCs and what we want them to do; Ed presents the world to us, and we choose what to chase and focus on.
love,
THO

As a former TSR editor and designer, I can easily answer the whyfores of this issue: Avian races were always nixed before getting fully approved as a PC or NPC race because their natural flying abilities gave them too much of an advantage vs other standard races that couldn't be balanced by game mechanics.

At least that was the standard thinking/reason I was always given.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  19:48:13  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Seeing as how the awesome Fonstad Atlas was based on Ed's maps, did he determine which symbols represented which cities or was that Karen's decision? It's curious that other cities which were near Waterdeep's population (at least the 2e "metropolitan" population numbers) didn't get the "double-outlined" dot symbol, but Sheirtalar (about half the population?) did get that symbol. Wondering if Ed has insight into this conundrum.

Also: thanks for the insight Steven. That reason stinks, but knowing is better than not knowing.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  20:09:23  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Seeing as how the awesome Fonstad Atlas was based on Ed's maps, did he determine which symbols represented which cities or was that Karen's decision? It's curious that other cities which were near Waterdeep's population (at least the 2e "metropolitan" population numbers) didn't get the "double-outlined" dot symbol, but Sheirtalar (about half the population?) did get that symbol. Wondering if Ed has insight into this conundrum.

Excellent question!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  20:11:00  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message
Was it ever discussed between Ed and TSR about potentially doing a Forgotten Realms Al-Qadim novel line?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Edited by - Artemas Entreri on 10 Mar 2015 02:39:54
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  20:14:29  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Ack, sorry if I poached! I wasn't sure if you would ask, and it started bugging me.

All credit for this insightful query belongs to Artemas. I'll go back to digging up other things to ask about.

Like Valgrath wine. The only reference I've seen is in the Dragon 275 article about the Crumbling Stair. Is Valgrath a place, or an ingredient? If it's a place, then what makes the wine green... and is it glow-in-the-dark green, or merely a slightly tinted "white"?
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  20:18:24  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Ack, sorry if I poached! I wasn't sure if you would ask, and it started bugging me.

All credit for this insightful query belongs to Artemas. I'll go back to digging up other things to ask about.

Like Valgrath wine. The only reference I've seen is in the Dragon 275 article about the Crumbling Stair. Is Valgrath a place, or an ingredient? If it's a place, then what makes the wine green... and is it glow-in-the-dark green, or merely a slightly tinted "white"?

No apologies needed. I had completely forgotten about this thread, otherwise I would have asked by now. Can't wait to get the answer for this .... and about 1000 other questions that started popping up in my head.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  23:08:14  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
xaeyruudh, "Valgrath" is a person who first devised that wine, and her family who still makes it generations later (current head is a rather haughty fellow named Hamalrym Valgrath). It's a deep emerald green, not glow in the dark, thanks to the grapes that go into it, and yes, it'd be a "white" to our real-world palates. Ed describes it as a step on the "sour apple" side of a dry Riesling.
love,
THO
P.S. I LOVE your post on Elminster and the Shadowsil, and agree completely. Will pop into that thread and comment.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  23:10:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
And hi again. Artemas, so far as I know, TSR never discussed an Al-Qadim novel line with Ed. I do recall Jeff Grubb saying that setting was planned as a limited-run sub-line, then extended when it proved very popular in Europe, so it might have been planned with too short a "window" for a novel line. Just guessing on that, though.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000