Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Developing the fey community of Rashemen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2014 :  13:02:17  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've always liked the idea of collective story development (which I feel a lot of people around here also like to do.... after all, we share a world that is the forgotten realms). I'd like to maybe try something out and see if it turns into something fun. We all know that Rashemen is a land full of "fey" wonders. What I'd like to maybe do is develop monster NPC's (they don't need to be fey mind you)with a story of some sort for the region. Maybe we could even play off of the histories developed for each other's NPC's. I haven't got the foggiest where I'll be going, but I'm thinking first idea is maybe just to pick out a single or several types of monsters that may be in the area and state that you'll write something about X and say what type.

For instance, my first ideas are that I'd like to detail some kind of hag (not sure which type) that follows Cegilune (hmmm... maybe a hag warlock or binder), a humanoid telthor of a past hero/heroine, an evil gloura living on the surface, and update to 3.5/detail an NPC Amber Dragon. I may not get to it for a few days or a week or three, but I figured I'd throw the idea out, and then if anyone else wants to toss their hat into the ring and pick some other kinds, maybe we can make some stuff together (or make them not interlinked, but its still good development for the area). Sound like fun?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2014 :  14:30:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have a specific story or purpose in mind? I ask because for me, at least, it's easier to develop an NPC backstory when I know what I want the NPC to do -- then I can shape the backstory accordingly, to physically/mentally put them where they need to be.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2014 :  20:35:41  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Do you have a specific story or purpose in mind? I ask because for me, at least, it's easier to develop an NPC backstory when I know what I want the NPC to do -- then I can shape the backstory accordingly, to physically/mentally put them where they need to be.

actually, no, I hadn't gone that far. I was more or less going free form to see what stories people might come up with and how it naturally flows. I'm not even sure if I'd interlink my own NPC's.

That being said, perhaps there's a storyline involving a gloura who goes into Thay and steals some of the black unicorns from the priesthood of Bane. This gloura plans to trade these black unicorns to a coven of hags, who plan to use them in some kind of twisted ritual in service to Cegilune. A telthor of one of the original Rashemi Witches (a druidess/wizardess mystic theurge of Khelliara) is somehow trying to oppose this action, and trying to get an amber dragon to help it.

Sound like a decent basis for a story?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000