Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Cloudstepping
Acolyte

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2017 :  18:36:29  Show Profile Send Cloudstepping a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I'm a long-time D&D player (1979) but am just signing up to these forums. I currently play 5e, but my Realms are a big collection of material from the whole history of the setting, plus a few extra bits of my own. Hope to share some stories and ask a lot of questions. Thanks for maintaining these forums, I'm very interested in reading through.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2017 :  01:43:11  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Yslanderon, Thogrimm, and Cloudstepping. Hope you all enjoy your time here.
Go to Top of Page

Allowind
Acolyte

Russia
1 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2017 :  05:27:55  Show Profile Send Allowind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all! I'm an absolute beginner in D&D and a fun of the FR. I'm just discovering the 5e and hope to find a lot of interesting information on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2017 :  05:46:49  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to to forum, to all that have joined since the last time I posted.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Balmar Foghaven
Learned Scribe

Canada
124 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2017 :  07:38:40  Show Profile Send Balmar Foghaven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations, learned sages. After having silently perused the archives here at Candlekeep for some time, I have decided to finally sign up. I have been playing D&D for over 12 years, and I have to say that Forgotten Realms is one of my favorite settings. As such, this forum is a godsend.

"Despair not, for in the end all things shall work out for the best - in at least one timeline."
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Pacheco
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  06:35:11  Show Profile  Visit Anthony Pacheco's Homepage Send Anthony Pacheco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey there. Joined a few days ago.

I have a lot of favorite FR products. The old "The Moonsea" is one I particularly enjoy. It just as so much going for it. I've played lots of FR PC games over the years (Baldur's Gate and BGII, Pool of Radiance and sequels, Neverwinter Nights and NWN2).

The one FR game I DMed was actually a NWN2 custom game in a LAN room set in the Moonsea area stating in DR400 (insert ominous music here). I had to stop when i was spending more time writing pseudo C code then DMing.

At one point I was buying all the FR accessories, but I stopped at the "Time of Troubles." Didn't like ToT, and afterwards only purchased an occasional 3E FR module. I completely avoided 4E FR. I thought ToT was bad, LOL.

While my main (pen-and paper) campaign settings I ran as a DM were Greyhawk and then Role Yer Own, I always turned to my old FR source material for inspiration.

Best Regards,
Anthony (Griffon Lore Games)

Edited by - Anthony Pacheco on 22 Jan 2018 08:33:49
Go to Top of Page

The Professor
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2018 :  15:03:11  Show Profile  Visit The Professor's Homepage Send The Professor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, and Well met. I am a huge fan of The Forgotten realms though I am only really starting to get into it since I started with D&D 4e back in 2009. Now I am going to be playing Forgotten Realms in Tunnels and Trolls Deluxe Edition. I know heresy

I've seen things you could never dream of, glinting spires of elven magnificence, hoards of jewels untold, maidens tears at seeing their lost child returned, all of this is like tears in the rain...time to die...
Go to Top of Page

Coronoides
Acolyte

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2018 :  10:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Coronoides's Homepage Send Coronoides a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

Despite 30+ years of D&D I’m new to the Realm (shocking I know). Recently, however I became interested in a giant themed campaign and this led me to Ostoria. I started work on my “Age of Ostoria” on another forum and someone there kindly recommended all you esteemed sages as people who could answer my many questions. I’ll start by lurking around the forums and website to learn what I can.

Need to convert races to D&D 5e?Mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/The-Tinkers-Toolkit
Go to Top of Page

Taliesin ap Elphin
Acolyte

Italy
0 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  15:14:30  Show Profile Send Taliesin ap Elphin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, decided to join after lots of lurking from the shadow.
Started to play in Forgotten Realms when I was around 20 and loved it since then.
Now at the "wise" age of 45 I decided that wife and daughter must learn the beauty of ad&d and I think that Faerun is the best place to start learning.
Am a bit rusty maybe but I am sure that here I will find lots of suggestion to shine again, so to speak.
A wonderful day/night to everyone and all
Luca
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2018 :  10:06:45  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep, the greatest library in all the Realms. Enjoy thy stay herein, for there are many tomes and scrolls of lore and knowledgeable scribes to aid thee in thy search for lore.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

McDeath
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2018 :  20:03:27  Show Profile Send McDeath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good thing I'm going back and updating my email address. That earthlink one is waaaaaaaaaaay gone.

And yeah I've been a member for 11 years just about. I just don't post much.

There is no hope in the void!

Edited by - McDeath on 05 Sep 2018 20:04:36
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2018 :  22:01:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McDeath

Good thing I'm going back and updating my email address. That earthlink one is waaaaaaaaaaay gone.

And yeah I've been a member for 11 years just about. I just don't post much.

Much can be gained by simply reading, McDeath. It's pleasing to hear thou art here after all this time

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Grimblade
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2018 :  21:04:07  Show Profile Send Grimblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all.

I had several different IDs before, and have just gotten a chance to return to the Realms as a DM. Glad to see the forum is still as active as I remember.

"Yes I'm a dragon. No, no one will believe you. Yes, I could eat you. No I won't eat you. Does this cover most of the questions? I do have a lot to tell you, and it would be far easier to let you know how you can help with these out of the way." Gelsemaneth, Brass Dragon
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2018 :  10:55:26  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Grimblade

Welcome again to Candlekeep, the greatest library in all the Realms! Enjoy thy stay herein.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2018 :  23:36:40  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Scribe Alaundo,

I realized, after taking note of Great Reader Ayrik's recommendation on 21 Sep 18 for me to create an introduction for myself, that I in fact never have done so. Yet, here I am at just over two years having an account, but I've never said hi, this is who I am. So, here goes...

I am a retired mechanized Infantryman, living in and from Spokane, WA. I use to run conventions for a living, and did bail enforcement for about (6) years after retirement. I attained my Bachelor's in Business Administration in Marketing, and followed that up with a Master's of Business Administration with a focus on Applied Economics/Marketing Research, and a Master's of Public Administration.

Currently, I am on the cusp of releasing (though the name and release date is still top secret) a podcast focusing on a deep dive into the lore of the Forgotten Realms. It's going to be a (2) hour podcast focusing discussing the lore, and then providing ideas for DM's and players on how to apply it. A significant amount of material will be aimed at politics, economics, government, legal systems, and more.

Thank you for making this site what it is, and being so welcoming.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met and Welcome traveler!

I, Alaundo, Master Scribe and seer of Candlekeep welcome you to the great library of Faerun and the Forgotten Realms. You are now in the Chambers of Lore where you will meet many other scribes and seekers of Realmslore and knowledge. We hope you enjoy your stay here and learn many new things.

Please feel free to introduce yourself with a new topic in this forum category and be welcomed warmly.

If you need any assistance during your stay then please call on me by posting within this forum or via email.

....and now, ill leave you to browse the many tomes we have....

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2018 :  17:35:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, cpthero2

No matter, and thank ye for an interesting introduction indeed. Splendid, I'll certainly look forward to hearing of thy travels and discussions of lore in due course

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Aez
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2019 :  19:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Aez's Homepage Send Aez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey folks, longtime lurker over here. I'm a software developer in NYC by trade, but history is my first love and I try to bring that into all the games I'm in. It's splendid to have a place that actually cares about trying to trace the historical arc of this crazy world we all like to play in.

I've been working on a long research / homebrew project on Impiltur, trying to fill in the gaps on what I think is a fascinating and under-appreciated corner of the realms. Though my lore takes a bit of a different direction for Impiltur in some ways, I'd still love to share the maps and details I've been working on to try to give back to a place that I've learned so much from.

That said, I wasn't quite sure which section of the forums would be the best fit for this. I figure that Running the Realms is the right spot given that a portion of my work is homebrew, but I wanted to check with y'all first. Thanks!

-Aez
Go to Top of Page

rredmond
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2019 :  18:11:31  Show Profile  Visit rredmond's Homepage Send rredmond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:) Welcome Aez!

OS RPG PbP Games: www.unseenservant.us
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2019 :  20:36:41  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
back after a long rest under the ice

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

willwrk4internet
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2019 :  00:12:47  Show Profile Send willwrk4internet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all!
I have been a longtime reader of these forums, but I have never posted until now. I thought I would make an account to start engaging with the community.
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  17:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back after a long adventure... Great to see that this place still exists

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 17 Jul 2019 17:20:54
Go to Top of Page

no
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2019 :  02:56:52  Show Profile Send no a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, fellow seekers of knowledge!
I can't wait to uncover this library's lore and hopefully contribute my own someday. Safe travels, and never stop learning!

...and that's why I'm banned from Mechanus.
Go to Top of Page

The Scribe
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  03:59:22  Show Profile Send The Scribe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, fellow knowledge seekers! I am a relatively nameless Scribe who has been recording his adventures, and have been working on a couple of semi-original story ideas based on the Forgotten Realms. Hopefully I'll be able to upload the ideas on here, and look forward to learning more about the ancient lore of the Sage of Shadowdale!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2019 :  16:22:21  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein amongst the many scrolls and tomes of lore.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

MrSukx
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  02:52:57  Show Profile Send MrSukx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for allowing me into your trove of knowledge and reposit of lore.
I look forward my stay here.

"When everyone lies, telling the truth isn't just rebellion. It's an act of revolution. So think carefully when you speak it, because the truth is a weapon."
~Takeshi Kovacs
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  02:58:29  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte MrSukx,

Welcome to the 'Keep!

You'll find a great many people here who are awesome!

There are fantastic moderators such as Master Sage, Master Rupert, and of course, the vaunted Master Alaundo the Wisest of Seers!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by MrSukx

Thank you for allowing me into your trove of knowledge and reposit of lore.
I look forward my stay here.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Junder_Sunstar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2020 :  09:48:39  Show Profile Send Junder_Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone, and well met.

Although originally from the land of the Sun (Greece) I currently reside in the UK for the last 7 years, and specifically in Scotland for the last 2. I have been an avid and active player since '89, when I was first introduced to the "Black Box" of D&D, and I still play 2nd edition Ad&d. I currently run two campaigns, o Forgotten Realm ones in Under Illefarn and a very very long running one, in the Lands of the Mists, Ravenloft, during the Grand Conjuction.

Although I have been through the Candlekeep forums previously, I never joined (no idea why), and since I totally distance myself from the social media in general, I just decided to come and say hello.

Quite excited to be here, I also realised that I misspelled Jander's name, so please be gentle! Thank you!

"The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sewn from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo."
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2020 :  13:41:21  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Junder_Sunstar

Good morning everyone, and well met.

Although originally from the land of the Sun (Greece) I currently reside in the UK for the last 7 years, and specifically in Scotland for the last 2. I have been an avid and active player since '89, when I was first introduced to the "Black Box" of D&D, and I still play 2nd edition Ad&d. I currently run two campaigns, o Forgotten Realm ones in Under Illefarn and a very very long running one, in the Lands of the Mists, Ravenloft, during the Grand Conjuction.

Although I have been through the Candlekeep forums previously, I never joined (no idea why), and since I totally distance myself from the social media in general, I just decided to come and say hello.

Quite excited to be here, I also realised that I misspelled Jander's name, so please be gentle! Thank you!

Welcome to Candlekeep. Your namesake made a cameo appearance in Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. I have no idea how he left the Demiplane of Dread.
Go to Top of Page

ViruViru
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2020 :  11:13:56  Show Profile Send ViruViru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, everybody!

I hope to stay on the forums for a little while. I've been looking for a place online a bit off the beaten path, where I could discuss roleplaying and such. Hope I found the right place!

I probably don't go as far back as some of the users here, but I've been interested in roleplaying games for close to 20 years now, and don't intend on stopping.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2020 :  12:18:26  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ViruViru

Hello, everybody!

I hope to stay on the forums for a little while. I've been looking for a place online a bit off the beaten path, where I could discuss roleplaying and such. Hope I found the right place!

I probably don't go as far back as some of the users here, but I've been interested in roleplaying games for close to 20 years now, and don't intend on stopping.

Welcome to Candlekeep. There are some really smart scribes in this community. Quite a few of them have over 40 years experience, so you have quite a historical perspective available. Enjoy your stay.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000