Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Locations within the Evermoors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2014 :  19:05:46  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been searching through various sources on the Evermoors. I will soon be sending my PC's there and am looking for ideas on locations to flesh out. Many locations are mentioned or alluded to, but they are few.

I'm looking to build a list of known locations and their descriptions, which I can then flesh out. Also if you have any locations that you have used in your game in the Evermoors feel free to post those as well.

Everyone in my group is fascinated with the Evermoors, and I've been doing a lot of research on the climate, terrain, ecology, etc to try and make it was detailed as possible.

i want to provide LOTS of exploration features and locaitons, ancient tombs, natural caverns, landmarks, rivers etc.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6653 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2014 :  07:57:55  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't recall any "locations" in the Evermoors, although Ed once gave the following thumbnail RW-equivalent description of the place:

Trollmoors/Evermoors: the high, bleak moors of Scotland: lots of bare rock, scrub lichen, stunted shrubbery, frost, and clawingly cold wind, with small “winding crack” ravines holding more lush greenery. Ground-hugging junipers, “wandering star” ground cedars, and so on.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2014 :  10:43:27  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Can't recall any "locations" in the Evermoors, although Ed once gave the following thumbnail RW-equivalent description of the place:

Trollmoors/Evermoors: the high, bleak moors of Scotland: lots of bare rock, scrub lichen, stunted shrubbery, frost, and clawingly cold wind, with small “winding crack” ravines holding more lush greenery. Ground-hugging junipers, “wandering star” ground cedars, and so on.

-- George Krashos

I think one of the early Drizzt novels (Streams of Silver?) had the characters wander through the Evermoors, so there might be some descriptive text therein.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2014 :  20:34:28  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I think one of the early Drizzt novels (Streams of Silver?) had the characters wander through the Evermoors, so there might be some descriptive text therein.

--Eric

Aye, that's the one, Eric.

I recall scrags, trolls, bog blokes, and a giant purple worm during their excursion through the area.

None of the landmarks had any particular name, but the chapters in that area were very descriptive.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  00:45:52  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recall reading those chapters vaguely. There are locations marked on the map: The Old Man, Startop, The Laughingflow river, but I haven't seen anything regarding what they are, nor any dungeons located within the Evermoors.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  00:48:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It occurs to me that since Streams of Silver was one of the earlier Realms novels, there may be a map of the Evermoors in the print Forgotten Realms Atlas. I'm at work and cannot check this, though...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  03:07:06  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It occurs to me that since Streams of Silver was one of the earlier Realms novels, there may be a map of the Evermoors in the print Forgotten Realms Atlas. I'm at work and cannot check this, though...

p.63 is probably the best map of the area, but it still doesn't show any named landmarks besides the rivers that run through it (Tom Skerritt, Brad Pitt, and Craig Sheffer-style ).

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6653 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2014 :  13:50:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just found something for you: Ed's "Elminster's Guide to the Realms" article in Dragon #292 - The Sleeping Dragon. It details an "oddity of the Sword Coast North" located in the Evermoors.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2014 :  00:54:49  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Just found something for you: Ed's "Elminster's Guide to the Realms" article in Dragon #292 - The Sleeping Dragon. It details an "oddity of the Sword Coast North" located in the Evermoors.

-- George Krashos

Oooo thank you I will check that out. I'm curious since there ARE a number of named landmarks that appear on several versions of maps (startop, Old Man), yet no description of them exists it seems.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000