Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Something odd about Tyranny of Dragons write-up
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  05:19:17  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I noticed something odd about the Tyranny of Dragon write-up on the WOTC D&D page.

http://dnd.wizards.com/dungeons-and-dragons/story

I think it's a little odd that the third paragraph notes that the dragons are looting, enough to throw the region into chaos.
This seems strange as it's written about like this is a goal of its own.
The looting isn't a side-effect of conquest or of the search for the dragon masks (as you'd expect).

Notice it's set off "Meanwhile...." so it's not part of what the cult is doing. Is this information just given to tell us what the evil dragons are doing and that this is different from what the cult has going on?

It just seems strange to me to have a set up that is: stop the return of Tiamat, stop the conquest of the area by the Cult and evil dragons.
And then, dragons are looting!
Kinda weird way of presenting that information.

I can, to myself, make some sense of it...it's dragons collecting stuff to glorify Tiamat and to, perhaps, search for those mentioned Dragon Masks or totems or whatever.

Anyone else have this reaction?

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  06:41:39  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon rage but with greed?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6653 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  07:20:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, when you create a "mega-event" you've got to find a way to include everyone and everything. So "meanwhile ..." does the job admirably in that respect.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6356 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  08:16:12  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do i detect a hint or two of sarcasm in that post George?

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  16:20:44  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.koboldpress.com/k/tag/tiamat-tuesday

That link has a few articles from the Kobold team regarding this upcoming event or adventure line.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000