Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Campaign Synopsis
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6361 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  16:35:13  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well this is something i want to try for my fan magazine for the various RSE events that were badly done for Forgotten Realms.

I want to be able to give enough information for a DM to run a campaign based around the events in an RSE so that players can take part. Although i dont want to dictate how everything should turn out, its more about giving enough information as to how things begin and the DM and players can take it from there or indeed have it occur in the background while they run around doing other stuff.

The problem i am having is one of format and detail. I have no idea how much detail to put into such a campaign arc, nor can i think of a concise way to display it.

The one i am attempting at the moment is the Mulhorandi Conquest of Unther, mostly because it is local in scale so should be much easier than a massive world spanning event like the rage of dragons.

I tried breaking it down into individual scenarios (such as the battle in Greenfields, the siege of Unthalass, the siege of Messemprar etc)) as its something similar i did for an adventure path, but it gets bogged down with detail quite quickly and is already 2 pages long and i have only just done scenario 1.

So does anyone have any suggestions or ideas they have regarding a format/layout for an entire campaign. Also does anyone have a preferred level of detail (i.e. very detailed down to the prominent NPCs, or more summary in format).

And again if anyone would like to lend a hand developing such a campaign i could use a few more ideas.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic