Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 WotSQ covers - who's who?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Feiht
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  02:08:55  Show Profile  Visit Feiht's Homepage Send Feiht a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Who is who on the covers of the War of the Spider Queen?

Dissolution - Pharaun
Insurrection - Quenthel and Jeggred

These two I have in paperback, so no inside front cover to hint at who it is. Next two, I have in hardcover and am basing my guess on the inside of the cover. I am not so sure about them as I have yet to read them, starting Condemnation today. And I am guessing on the last one since it is not out yet.

Condemnation - Nimor, and who are the people behind him?
Extinction - Halisstra?
Annihilation - Ryld, or Valas?

Freakboy
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  02:13:52  Show Profile  Visit Freakboy's Homepage Send Freakboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was brought up on the old WotC novel boards. The confirmed list is:

Dissolution - Phauran Mizzrym
Insurrection - Quenthel and Jeggred Baenre
Condemnation - Nimor Imphraezl
Extinction - Halisstra Melarn
Annihilation - Ryld Argith

This was all confirmed with Brom and a few of the WotSQ authors. Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Daron
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  02:51:31  Show Profile  Visit Daron's Homepage Send Daron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So who's up for betting on who will be on the last cover? I call Valas!
Go to Top of Page

Feiht
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  03:26:32  Show Profile  Visit Feiht's Homepage Send Feiht a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping for Valas too. I have really liked the characterization of Pharaun, Valas, and Ryld. The three seem so nicely paired together.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  04:01:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daron

So who's up for betting on who will be on the last cover? I call Valas!

And of course my mind immediately wants to spin theories on what the implications of Valas or another character being on the last cover means towards this series' resolution.
Go to Top of Page

Daron
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  05:29:09  Show Profile  Visit Daron's Homepage Send Daron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I said Valas simply because 4 of the 5 have so far been of party members and think the trend will continue. I also chose Valas over Danifae because I have a feeling she will be "fueling" a certain ship soon...

Barring the introduction of any new major characters, it wouldn't really suprise me to see Gromph, or even Lolth herself on the last cover either.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  09:09:32  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As much as we'd love to guess Valas...We would put our money on Lolth (or perhaps whatever incarnation that she MAY be undergoing) After all...it is HER series

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

R0GUE
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  10:00:27  Show Profile  Visit R0GUE's Homepage Send R0GUE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bet it will be Gromph

You have had your pocket pilfered by the R0GUE.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  10:40:35  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by R0GUE

I bet it will be Gromph

Gromph definately deserves to be on a cover, hes very calculating, scheming and intelligent.... especially in Extinction

I once heard that it was Gromph on the cover of Dissolution....obviously this has been confirmed to not be the case.

Maybe none of the main party characters will be depicted on Ressurection........ maybe itll be Lloth herself!!! DUM DUM DUMMMMMMM

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 14 Feb 2004 10:41:06
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  13:12:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

quote:
Originally posted by R0GUE

I bet it will be Gromph

Gromph definately deserves to be on a cover, hes very calculating, scheming and intelligent.... especially in Extinction

I once heard that it was Gromph on the cover of Dissolution....obviously this has been confirmed to not be the case.

Maybe none of the main party characters will be depicted on Ressurection........ maybe itll be Lloth herself!!! DUM DUM DUMMMMMMM

Actually that's the leading theory on the EN World boards as well. I would really like to see Brom's interpretation of the Spider Queen regardless of her former/current appearance...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  16:31:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Given the final novel's title, it should be the Spider Queen.

Sorry Gromph, you're going to have to wait til you get your own novel.
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Moonbow
Seeker

Denmark
64 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  09:29:34  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Moonbow's Homepage Send Adrian Moonbow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooo! Gromph with his own novel. That would be cool!

But who should write it?

"I would have wanted not to die.
I would have wanted never to grow up!"
-Quidam
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  12:21:03  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Moonbow

But who should write it?

No preference here, but that might be because I never have been a big fan of the character. Which writer so far in the WOTSQ series did you enjoy most when it came to reading Gromph's scenes?
Go to Top of Page

Malaug
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  10:17:48  Show Profile  Visit Malaug's Homepage Send Malaug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Best writer of Gromph in the series in my opinion is Richard Lee Byers. I would see Gromph as quiet and decisive in turning the tide of Battle, exactly how he did with the fire pots and bringing rain.

EC did a good job of him in Daughter of the Drow, but I thought she portrayed him a bit to bloodthirsty.

Lisa Smedman portrayed him a bit to happy. He was always inwardly smiling etc. etc. That's just not Gromph. Thank god he escaped that prison though. Man that lich better pay!

He has enough magical items and even artifacts to run Menzoberranzan. He should start using them more proactively.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  17:04:59  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malaug

Lisa Smedman portrayed him a bit to happy. He was always inwardly smiling etc. etc. That's just not Gromph. Thank god he escaped that prison though. Man that lich better pay!

Maybe inwardly smiling with thoughts of what he's going to do to the lich? I thought for sure they would keep Gromph sidelined a bit longer. However, it was nice to see him become freed. His scenes once he returns to his family especially when dealing with what's left of those who can use magic are wonderful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000