Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Thomas M Reid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2004 :  18:24:56  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid
I actually just finished writing one. It's not listed in WotC's catalog yet, though, so I can't say anything else about it.

Does it look like it will be released this year?
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  02:36:37  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Yes. I believe it's slated for November. Shouldn't be too much longer before that third trimester catalog hits, then I can talk about it.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  03:46:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yes. I believe it's slated for November. Shouldn't be too much longer before that third trimester catalog hits, then I can talk about it.

Thomas

Thank you. This year? Well then it's either the Lost Empires book that Richard Baker already hinted at or a new regional supplement. I know you can't confirm or deny.

Vhaeraun be praised perhaps someone listened to my prayers as to the Vilhon Reach being updated. After all, your story in Arrabar and Lisa Smedman's new novel in Hlondeth make that area a hot bed of activity right now.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 09 Mar 2004 03:47:48
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2004 :  06:27:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thomas

Earlier you mentioned that theres an FR supplement you worked on coming out in the last quarter is it still coming out?

Gaming Report got a hold of WOTCs releases for the rest of the year and theres no FR Supplements after Serpent Kingdoms in July

link to article

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=12177&mode=thread&order=0

Thanks

Dargoth

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2004 :  04:05:48  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Earlier you mentioned that theres an FR supplement you worked on coming out in the last quarter is it still coming out?

Gaming Report got a hold of WOTCs releases for the rest of the year and theres no FR Supplements after Serpent Kingdoms in July

As far as I know, it is. But I'm not "in the loop" on everything, so it's entirely possible it got moved back. However, that list does not look complete. I'll see if I can find out and get back to you.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2004 :  04:22:55  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

As far as I know, it is. But I'm not "in the loop" on everything, so it's entirely possible it got moved back. However, that list does not look complete. I'll see if I can find out and get back to you.

Thomas

See this is what happans when you dont check into Candlekeep often enough Thomas!

Actually the Fire Storm has been and gone, poor Rich had to put the Inferno on the FR Gen and Realm list on this issue. Apparently the list is incomplete and Rich confirmed we are getting a third FR book around October

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2004 :  15:40:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you for doing so. Not "in the loop????!!!!" What? Oh wait, I get it, that way you always have a plausible denial in case something happens. Clever thinking. Those drow characters in Insurrection taught you something.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  16:58:33  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations...

to Thomas M. Reid for your Pen & Paper award for

Best RPG-Related Novel/Anthology: Forged, by Thomas M. Reid (Oathbound - Bastion Press)

http://www.pen-paper.net/awards.php

That's quite a feat given some of the names within the category that were against you. But, the above novel is fine work and I'm happy for you.

Cheers.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2004 :  19:03:12  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Congratulations...

to Thomas M. Reid for your Pen & Paper award for

Best RPG-Related Novel/Anthology: Forged, by Thomas M. Reid (Oathbound - Bastion Press)

http://www.pen-paper.net/awards.php

That's quite a feat given some of the names within the category that were against you. But, the above novel is fine work and I'm happy for you.

Hey, Sirius.

Thanks for the congrats!

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond; I was laboring under a deadline for which I was late and needed to finish before I could indulge in a little message-board browsing.

Anyway, I appreciate the sentiments, and the award. It's always gratifying to be noticed in such a manner.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2004 :  21:36:32  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm sorry it took me so long to respond; I was laboring under a deadline for which I was late and needed to finish before I could indulge in a little message-board browsing.

Anyway, I appreciate the sentiments, and the award. It's always gratifying to be noticed in such a manner.

Thomas

You are welcome again. Laboring under a deadline? FR related or something else?
Go to Top of Page

A Shade of Blue
Acolyte

Denmark
5 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2004 :  23:35:11  Show Profile  Visit A Shade of Blue's Homepage Send A Shade of Blue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mr. Reid

I think I read somewhere that you have been working on Shining South, a Realms supplement scheduled for November.

Can you tease us a bit about the contents?
Please?
Pretty please?
Pretty please with sugar on the top?

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understands binary and those who don't.

Don't comment on my english!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2004 :  23:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A Shade of Blue

Hi Mr. Reid

I think I read somewhere that you have been working on Shining South, a Realms supplement scheduled for November.

Please?
Pretty please?

Well met

You may want to read this scroll, it contains a snippet of information on the forthcoming tome and mayhaps be a better place to keep related questions

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 09 Apr 2004 09:48:12
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2004 :  23:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by A Shade of Blue

Hi Mr. Reid

Please?
Pretty please?

Well met

You may want to read this scroll, it contains a snippet of information on the forthcoming tome and mayhaps be a better place to keep related questions

Try including the link, Alaundo.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  04:09:20  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Here's the link Alaundo was trying to point out.

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2187

That's a good thread to ask questions about The Shining South book since the author created it.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  09:47:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I'm getting to old for this Mislaying scrolls is a bad sign. My apologies, fellow Scribes.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  13:43:14  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Laboring under a deadline? FR related or something else?

I just completed the first draft of The Ruby Guardian, the second book of the Scions of Arrabar trilogy. It's with the editor now, and in about a month or so, I'll get his comments back and begin the revisions.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  17:05:03  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Laboring under a deadline? FR related or something else?

I just completed the first draft of The Ruby Guardian, the second book of the Scions of Arrabar trilogy. It's with the editor now, and in about a month or so, I'll get his comments back and begin the revisions.

Thomas

I was hoping it was that piece of work which I am eagerly looking forward to. Revisions? It's not perfect the first time around?

Thank you for the reply.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  19:12:50  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thomas

Now this is what im talking about!! Im so anxious to get my hands on this next book. Sapphire Crescent was fantastic (sorry if ive said this numerous times before but it grabbed me from start to finish).

I dont suppose theres any chance of getting a peek at the cover art yet?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  04:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

I dont suppose theres any chance of getting a peek at the cover art yet?

No, not yet. I've seen a version of it, but it wasn't a final, and until it shows up in a public place (WotC website or Amazon), I shouldn't be spilling those beans. Won't be much longer now, however.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  06:11:12  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
No, not yet. I've seen a version of it, but it wasn't a final, and until it shows up in a public place (WotC website or Amazon), I shouldn't be spilling those beans. Won't be much longer now, however.

Thomas

Can you tell us the name of the artist responsible for the cover?
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  06:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
[brCan you tell us the name of the artist responsible for the cover?

It's the same artist who painted The Sapphire Crescent, Duane O. Meyers. My understanding is that he will paint all three. Incidentally, what he did for The Ruby Guardian is just as cool as the first one, IMO.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  16:46:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It's the same artist who painted The Sapphire Crescent, Duane O. Meyers. My understanding is that he will paint all three. Incidentally, what he did for The Ruby Guardian is just as cool as the first one, IMO.

Thomas

Thanks for the name. I'll have to keep a sharp eye out to see other work by him. I look forward to seeing the cover for The Ruby Guardian as Meyer's work on the first book was great.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  23:44:28  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As requested, here is a link to The Ruby Guardian on WotC's site so you can see the cover art.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  09:43:20  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...and what outstanding artwork it is too Certainly fitting in with cover art for the first novel. Beautiful.

Cant wait for the novel, this series ranks up there with Sembia and WotSQ as my all-time favorite FR series.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  02:31:34  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thomas,

November seems too far away. Wish I could read it now, or in the very least a sample chapter to get me even more anxious to the Ruby Guardian, and can you tell us Thomas who is the one that is represented on the front cover and didn't we see her in first book, wasn't she the returned Aunt?
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  14:15:52  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Donohue

can you tell us Thomas who is the one that is represented on the front cover

That's Emriana, Vambran's younger sister.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  14:26:36  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That's Emriana, Vambran's younger sister.

Thomas

Good to know. I look forward to seeing her character develop. Thanks for the information.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2004 :  03:30:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fans of Thomas M. Reid should know his novel Forged for Bastion Press just picked up an Origins Awards Nomination in Best Game-Related Fiction, Long Form.

A full list of nominations is found at:

http://www.originsawards.com/nominees.html

Congrats on continuing to rack up the accolades.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2004 :  17:42:46  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Congrats on continuing to rack up the accolades.

Thanks, Sirius!

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

norticus
Acolyte

Turkey
6 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  20:01:13  Show Profile  Visit norticus's Homepage Send norticus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello mr. reid
im the person that translates the WotSQ series into Turkish
its my first work and im glad to have started with such a splendid serie

im translating insurrection now and i know i might be needing your assistance during the process

in dissolution pharaun and ryld were everyone's favorite
but in insurrection i think you made many people love two more characters next to pharaun and ryld

-jeggred: hes a terminator!!
-valas: i really loved his parts of the book, even though he cant levitate
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000