Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sakkors Mythallar Jhaamdath?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11734 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  19:59:03  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just wondering.... Sakkors has this sentient mythallar. Jhaamdath was a psionic society around at the same time as Netheril. Has there been any indication that perhaps the maker of Sakkors mythallar learned some Jhaamdathi lore? Granted, I know you can have an intelligent magic item without psionics involved, but this one also seems to have some psionic linkages to it. Just started godborn, so maybe it'll reveal something in it, but it occurred to me, so I figured I'd ask the question.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6653 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  02:01:28  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No canon links to Jhaamdath, but your post does raise interesting possibilities. That said, MY Netheril isn't anything like the juggernaut that some other fans consider it to be.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  08:58:33  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

An interesting question. Unfortunately, The Godborn provides no such insight. But Paul will probably still continue writing about the Tanthuls, so we'll see.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11734 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  14:05:32  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

No canon links to Jhaamdath, but your post does raise interesting possibilities. That said, MY Netheril isn't anything like the juggernaut that some other fans consider it to be.

-- George Krashos

Yeah, I picture Netheril as a bunch of Enclaves that are dysfunctional and led by overproud archmages. That being said, I see these cultures as interacting more with their surrounding cultures. It seems odd to me that we had Netheril was shown as heading into realmspace but not really into the surrounding territories much. Jhaamdath, Narfell, Raumathar, the two Mulan empires (and prior to those Imaskar), and Calimshan were all relatively close "empires" that were all similarly powerful (though perhaps the Netherese archmages could have wiped the floor with the most powerful Jhaamdathii or Calishite or Narfellian... but I prefer to doubt that).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000